Things that i LIKE in TORN

galtared

The great Deceiver
Feb 26, 2008
Italy
www.remotehost.org
Hi guys,
some threads spoke about the bad things in Torn.
So i've created this thread, so maybe we can list all the things that we like in this great album :headbang:

My are:

1. the riff of Fear: one of the best riffs ever!
2. The drums in "Nothing in erased": the sound of the cymbals is perfect and every hit is made by a genius! (call him Jonas)
3. the structure of all songs is also amazing, especially the guitar parts. All the riffs are complex, probably more than any other evergrey's album. I also like the mix of these riffs with Tom's voice: no banality here guys!
4. The emotion of every song! :worship:
5. The bass of Jari, that is like a bridge between guitars and drums in every song (hey Jari..nice shirt!)

I have one more thing to add to the list about TORN and that is that the live versions of the songs I have heard from it so far is SUPERB! Combine the things written above about Fear, the genius, the emotions, lyrics, structure and Jaris bass and you will understand =)

PS. The tracks I saw live was Soaked, Torn, Fear and Broken Wings :worship:

I have one more thing to add to the list about TORN and that is that the live versions of the songs I have heard from it so far is SUPERB! Combine the things written above about Fear, the genius, the emotions, lyrics, structure and Jaris bass and you will understand =)

PS. The tracks I saw live was Soaked, Torn, Fear and Broken Wings :worship:

GRRRRR.... lucky you!!! :)
I've just saw them playing Broken Wings...can't wait to see them live in 2009! :headbang:

I'll definately have to go with emotion, that's what really makes the album so unique. No band that I've encountered has the emotion that Evergrey has, and in Torn they took it to a whole new level, they really made it the center of the album, and the result is amazing.

Some other (more specific) cool things are the mindblowing riff in Fear, Carina's amazing singing in These Scars and the chorus in In Confidence (which I fell in love with ever since the trailers).
There are a million other awesome parts in the album, but these are just some of the things that stand out.

Finally a positive thread! i think its a great album! almost all of them are really great songs!

Finally a positive thread! i think its a great album! almost all of them are really great songs!

Thanks! After all they are my favorite band! :headbang:
Same opinion: TORN is a great album. Different from the others but all the songs have great feeling!

I just hope to see them live this summer!

i gotta say the opening to numb is absolutely brutal my favourite opening to a evergrey song so far imo. fail overall is the best song on the album the riffs own. other standouts are torn, fear when kingdoms fall oh hell the whole is killer but i may be biased as i love alll of grey's cd's lol.

although caught in a lie should of been on the actual cd instead of a bonus track i like that song man evergrey rocks :headbang:

Torn has some of Evergrey's best riffs ever imo and also some of their best leads, and the production on it is really good...

I really want Evergrey to come to the US...

They are playing a headlining/special gig in Atlanta on March 12... You should plan a road trip like I am! :headbang: