Torn

ISoT is my favorite album. But Torn is within my top favorite 4.

There are things about the album I enjoy more than any other EG album, but then again I feel there some missing "Evergrey" elements such as female backing vocals. More haunting sounds like the deep choir like sounds such as in Ambassador, on TiC. I also miss having the keyboards being up front and playing a much more prominent "musical" role. On this album, they're just backgound and hardly audible. Also, the omission of a true "ballad" on this album I think was a mistake.

But what this album does right makes up for a lot of it's shortcomings.

There are things about the album I enjoy more than any other EG album, but then again I feel there some missing "Evergrey" elements such as female backing vocals. More haunting sounds like the deep choir like sounds such as in Ambassador, on TiC. I also miss having the keyboards being up front and playing a much more prominent "musical" role. On this album, they're just backgound and hardly audible. Also, the omission of a true "ballad" on this album I think was a mistake.

Same for me..In Search of Truth is my personal favorite and dont know if Evergrey can top it, but this album is very Heavy and has alot more guitar driven music than previous releases. Either way I'm loving the album and I've listened to it around 8 times now! :headbang:

Well said! I think that TORN is really a great album with awesome songs! :worship: In my opinion you've summarized the difference between TORN and (maybe) the greatest EY's album: more Carina, more Keybs and one great ballad like I'm Sorry or For every TTF, or In remembrance (great song and MMA is a great album!).

For my favorite album the choice is between ISOT and Recreation Day. Both great and both with all the things that maybe are missing in TORN. And they have both a great production, with all the instruments that jump clearly from the speakers.

Btw, i will listen to TORN for looong time, because the songs kick ass! ...and i'm waiting for the live events!

Eh, no, it's far from disposable. It is a great album even though it is not the best. I don't know why everyone seems to rank In Search of Truth as the best album thus far, as I find Recreation Day, The Inner Circle and (yes, some will kill me for this) Monday Morning Apocalypse at least as good if not better. I would say Torn is as good as ISoT while lacking some epic masterpieces (Mark of the Triangle, Different Worlds and Misled).

Yeah, now I am starting to enjoy Torn. I just think both Carina and the keys should be more present. Not to mention how I miss Patrick Carlsson.

I'm really digging Torn, and it's definitely an improvement over Monday Morning Apocalypse (although I did like MMA quite a bit), it's still not as good as Recreation Day. And just like when MMA came out, I'm (again) disappointed that the keyboards are so sparse.

Awesome album! :headbang:
I hope Carina is going on tour with them. If they don't play These Scars live it would be a big disappointment, because it's easily the best song. Although every song is a real killer :)
Aaaand. We don't have a nice ballad on this album. But I can live with it, if I get to see For Every Tear That Falls together with Carina on the next tour. That would be the best tour ever(grey)

I think there's a big chance that Carina plays with them in Gothenburg the 20th.
And I would be really disappointed if she didn't turn up! =(
But could you be disappointed when you've seen Evergrey live?.. Naaaaah=)

I don't feel bad downloading if I've spent an enormous amount of money pre-ordering the new one. The EURO slams the US dollar right now so I spent nearly 100 dollars to get everything the band offered. I mean I own every single Evergrey related release, I think it's fair if I download the CD before owning it in my hands.

But does this give you the right to go to the bands own forum, and stick two fingers up at the band and start a thread about an album that isn't officially released for another month?

Tom monitors this forum all the time and if you read my first post I said they were more than welcome to delete the thread. So before you go insulting people, try and read my initial post, you self-righteous asshole.

I think Gaz has a good point, and he is in his perfectly right to express it, apart from that it's not fair to expose Tom as a type of responsable for which threads are allowed on the board. Said that, your last line Essence, is anything but respectful,

Tom monitors this forum all the time and if you read my first post I said they were more than welcome to delete the thread. So before you go insulting people, try and read my initial post, you self-righteous asshole.

You arent the only one spending money on Eg stuff and their cd`s. And i dont know why you think you got the right to steal an album.

Its disrespectful to the band, who has put a great amount of time and efforts giving us teasers and videos while recording an album, and shure as hell had lots of other things going on and rather would use the time on other things. I love the way they have buildt up excitement for the new album and appreciate that they did it for the fans! Next album, maybe they dont giva a rats ass about doing anything at all, because "some" guys are downloading the album no matter what...

And yes, the thread should be deleted because its a spoiler for the ones who dont want to download it and be a part of those stealing money from the band.

Yet its kind of shocking to see how many guys on the forum who has downloaded it. I`m a bit dissapointed.

Yet its kind of shocking to see how many guys on the forum who has downloaded it. I`m a bit dissapointed.
I downloaded this album,but I will buy it like I bought all their other albums.
In Croatia regular paycheck is about 400 Euros and price of any cd here in stores are 20 Euros...still I'm supporting and I always will everything what I love and appreciate,like Evergrey for example.

I HATE those spolied Americans and other bastards which got far way better standard and mp3 is a final solution for them.Cheap,arogant pricks!

Metal for me it's more then just a music,it's a way of life and I will continue to buy cd's and I'll try to see as many shows as possible.

I like how nobody condemned me earlier but now that this guy has decided to take a "stance" that anyone is saying anything. I saw absolutely no complaints when I posted up the "Rising Force" cover that I PAID to get and people were downloading it. You're all a bunch of hypocrites and I said it once and I'll say it again. It was my choice to download it and "spoil" it for myself and I decided to make a topic about it. If you don't like it, tough shit, ignore my posts. I've said absolutely nothing regarding the album outside that it was "fantastic," so I've spoiled nothing for no one.

I like how nobody condemned me earlier but now that this guy has decided to take a "stance" that anyone is saying anything. I saw absolutely no complaints when I posted up the "Rising Force" cover that I PAID to get and people were downloading it. You're all a bunch of hypocrites and I said it once and I'll say it again. It was my choice to download it and "spoil" it for myself and I decided to make a topic about it. If you don't like it, tough shit, ignore my posts. I've said absolutely nothing regarding the album outside that it was "fantastic," so I've spoiled nothing for no one.

Can you give me one reason for calling me a hypocrite? feel free to describe my actions as a hypocrite... FF

I downloaded this album,but I will buy it like I bought all their other albums.
In Croatia regular paycheck is about 400 Euros and price of any cd here in stores are 20 Euros...still I'm supporting and I always will everything what I love and appreciate,like Evergrey for example.

I HATE those spolied Americans and other bastards which got far way better standard and mp3 is a final solution for them.Cheap,arogant pricks!

Metal for me it's more then just a music,it's a way of life and I will continue to buy cd's and I'll try to see as many shows as possible.

Bok stari, Kako si? :)

If someone downloads an album and then buys it, it doesn't matter that he did download it. In the end, the band doesn't lose money for downloaded albums, they only get money from purchased albums.
I have to agree though that it was slightly tactless to open a thread before the official release date, but it's not that big of a deal...

On a side note, I "sinned" and listened to Broken Wings on myspace (I've heard it before on youtube but with crappy sound), and FUCKING WOW!!!!!!! It's a fucking masterpiece!!!! Sorry, just had to get it out. :)

I agree. If I've already pre-ordered it, what's the big deal if I've decided to download it and get it early? It won't spoil my enjoyment when I finally get the full packaged CD, and I certainly won't give a damn if anyone here tries to flame me and make me feel guilty!
Everyone to their own opinion I say, just don't try and force your opinion on someone else. There's no difference to starting a holy war...

I myself haven't downloaded it, simply because the band have built up the excitement with teaser videos and blog entries and stuff, and I don't want to end that excitement just yet...

BUT, if somebody has already pre-ordered the album, spent money buying band merch, and generally supported the band throughout their entire career. Then (aside from the slight problem that is illegal) I see no reason why such a fan should be persecuted by stuck up wankers such as Koksuk!