Torn

The Essence of Conviction

Evergrey Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Well this will probably be a controversial thread so feel free to delete it MetalAges (You know me pretty well.) or Tom. The album recently leaked on the internet and YES I have downloaded it. I want to let everybody know that it's absolutely incredible and Fail was just a small taste for a hell of an album we had in store. I already pre-ordered the 80 dollar VIP package so I really don't feel guilty for downloading it. The wait was killing me and just couldn't resist it I can't wait to hear it in CD form blasting in my car with all my cool Evergrey merch. I'm not going to answer any questions about the CD, I just wanted to say that the album is amazing. Tom, Jonas, Rikard, Jari and Henrik, you guys made a hell of an album, be proud of yourselves.

Indeed this album is just WOW! I've pre-ordered as well but just couldn't wait anymore. The album definetly needs a few plays tho before it really opens up IMO. And everytime i pick up some new stuff on the songs which makes it VERY interesting record.

Fucking unbelievable, thanks Evergrey.

The only track I'm not digging is When Kingdoms Fall. I'm sure I'll get into it sometime. The other ten have blown me away.

Bah, now comes the point where I'm dying to hear the album but have to slap myself when I think about it. Not that there's a question of buying or not (of course I'll buy), but I want my first listen to be from the original cd. I'm killing myself here :(

But there's a huge psychological difference. ;)
It's a lot more special to listen to it from the cd for the first time, with the booklet and everything, rather than on the computer. I prefer waiting.

I can definitely understand you. Although as where you guys are waiting patiently for the CD release date, I always bide my time waiting for the leak date. XD

Oh my fucking god.
I'm not going to download it. I would never download their album. It's kinda blasphemeous.
I'm going to wait and I'm damn proud of it^^

But there's a huge psychological difference. ;)
It's a lot more special to listen to it from the cd for the first time, with the booklet and everything, rather than on the computer. I prefer waiting.

Totally with you on that one. i have been waiting for almost a year now, so i can wait another month. Blasphemy like someone else here said. If you were in Jewusalem, you would be stoned by bearded ladies... over to the serious side here again, i would never ever downlaod my favourite band.

I don't feel bad downloading if I've spent an enormous amount of money pre-ordering the new one. The EURO slams the US dollar right now so I spent nearly 100 dollars to get everything the band offered. I mean I own every single Evergrey related release, I think it's fair if I download the CD before owning it in my hands.

Essence, you don't have to feel bad. It was your choice.
But like kuksug said, If we've waited this long, then another month is nothing.

Well I visit torrent sites daily so to see it EVERY day at the top, I just can't resist. Another month is like torture for me. I hope you guys (Evergrey) don't hate me but the temptation was too great!

It would just feel so fake to download this album. It feels kinda special when we've waited so long, trailers and teasers has come out to keep us interested, and I don't know many bands that cares for their fans this much. To download it would spoil the whole experience since the waiting is a part of the album itself.

Good points of view! Well...i really don't know what to do. Maybe i will wait some days listening to Fail and decide to download it (oh yeah...unforgivable sin, temptation too big!!!) or not. In all cases: i've already bought the full package, so i feel not guilty! :headbang:

I agree it doesn't have the same feel as going to the store and buying the album or in this case getting it in the mail. But for me, I actually enjoy the feeling of knowing an album and then experiencing it in a new light with the booklet and all the little liner notes afterward. Maybe that's because I'm pretty into the downloading age but that's how I am.