Things to do when you're bored on UM...

@rahvin, VC: I haven't tried normalizing the songs with musicmatch, all I know is that MM came bundled with my computer and it sucks, but maybe it's a different version, and anyway, mp3 gain is good enough for me, it has different kinds of normalizations and Db levels and it's free, you should try it too and see which one you like best.

VultureCulture said:
:lol:
no need, i saved them all for you, honey :) i mean, the sexual remarks!

Hey, if you have a guide (on normalizing, not the other stuff :Spin: ) I wouldn't mind a copy. I'm currently in the process of ripping albums for my MP3 player but then I have to go and download the Osmose albums and the volume is all messed upp.

NP: Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

@vultureculture: so i tried with musicmatch and i got to the part when you prepare tracks for volume levelling. i selected 5 which featured very diffferent peaks and i prepared them. now what? :) i feel stupid.

rahvin.

seventi said:
Steve-O: Check the typo on the text next to your avatar :D

THat's intentional. If it is spelled "leader", the software changes it to "L*****" because of the forum leader status.

mousewings said:
Others: create an alterego, cause problems. (do this from another computer, so you won't get IP banned)

I don't cause the problems here anymore...

Go to other boards with same atmosphere or a "hate pit" atmosphere (if at second, see how much you can say to infuriate them).
Look up and read your old posts, or the posts of another person.
Modify your profile.
Read old PMs.
Lurk on another forum.
Neopets.
Surf random sites.
Check email or work on website (maybe only for me).
Log off and do something else. <---small chance

It will take me about 4 hours to update my website with all the stuff I want. I usually work on lots of graphics for it. All my PM's are "Why did you get banned from HMAS?" or "Damnit, the Enter Chaos board needs you back!"
I read my old posts often, but others... I went throughIron-Flames' posts. "No, I'm not a racist" "In Flames are a gay faggot band now". And 75% or more of his posts contain the phrase "gay and lying". I read other's posts, but I don't know what most of them are about.

rahvin said:
i usually surf around the boards, pick a couple of users i hate and proceed to flame them until they run for shelter. :)
THe only people that I don't like are a few ones of the radical asshole Opeth fans. If you flame them, they get their 100 idiot posse on you and you can't make a post without the thread being flooded with "fuck you" posts.

I'm not bored now :)

Steve

I hear you on the "gangs" thing, even if I've never been to the Opeth boards. Certain places have the members harassing people through PMs, emails, IMs and posting on forums (theirs and others).

Another fun thing to do is hit on other forum members. It sure gets a reaction.

Reactions: GreatPhoenix
i post on the off-topic section of the opeth board from time to time. they never harassed me, but then i again i never posted many comments about opeth as a band.

mousewings said:
Another fun thing to do is hit on other forum members. It sure gets a reaction.

wow, that's cool. :)
*points at self* :p

rahvin.

rahvin said:
@vultureculture: so i tried with musicmatch and i got to the part when you prepare tracks for volume levelling. i selected 5 which featured very diffferent peaks and i prepared them. now what? :) i feel stupid.

rahvin.

Options -> Player -> Volume Leveling should do the trick.

@Onde: i don't really have a tutorial, but basically all you need is this program called musicmatch jukebox, which works fine for me.

heh, i thought that couple of times, but really, it ain't. just take some time off and all of the sudden you will find yourself here again, betcha.

VultureCulture said:
heh, i thought that couple of times, but really, it ain't. just take some time off and all of the sudden you will find yourself here again, betcha.
So true. I'm supposed to be studying for finals, but find myself here a lot of the time. I'll leave soon... but I always come back.