This evening, I went to see Radiohead.

Katatonia certainly aren't more creative. Opeth aren't really either. I could maybe see an argument for Porcupine Tree, but even Steven Wilson hasn't achieved musical exploration and progression on the level of Radiohead.

Liquid Diamonds said:
Katatonia certainly aren't more creative. Opeth aren't really either. I could maybe see an argument for Porcupine Tree, but even Steven Wilson hasn't achieved musical exploration and progression on the level of Radiohead.

Well, creativity is subjective, but i think that Katatonia is an ultra creative band, they are not nearly as experimental as Radiohead, but from all the ''less is more'' aspects of the old doom albums to the current dark rock/metal they deliver today i've seen a lot of progression in their music. While i really like Radiohead, i think that Porcupine Tree and Opeth are better bands too, i would label Radiohead as a very experimental band instead of a super creative/most important band.

illidurit said:

Yeah, I was hoping people would get the sarcasm in what I just said about the Beatles...

And although I know less music than probably 98% of the people on this board, I already realize how many people here have quite crap taste.

MegaMoose said:
Yeah, I was hoping people would get the sarcasm in what I just said about the Beatles...

And although I know less music than probably 98% of the people on this board, I already realize how many people here have quite crap taste.

oh, sorry, you really can't be sure about people here

Liquid Diamonds said:
What, so you think that just because a band/artist sells a lot of records, it can't be good?

Lame.

No not at all. I happen to love Oasis and R.E.M. (mostly IRS period material), and they have both sold lots of records.

The majority of the time I find big selling artists don't cut the mustard. But this doesnt go for all, there are exceptions... I just dont count Radiohead as one of those exceptions.

Benighted1 said:
Random question:- Can you get sick from drinking 5 month expired Heinekens? lol
I saw no reason to post in this thread until I read this. I've had a 2 year expired can of fosters once and nothing happened to me