This forum deserves another Type O Negative thread.

Okay.

I know that y'all and most everyone else choose World Coming Down as yer #1 Album. But that has never been my #1 for Type O Negative and I figured out why:

I don't like the song Who Will Save The Sane?

In fact, I dislike it. In related fact, it is the only TON song that I dislike. And whilst the rest of the album is about as perfect as it gets, that tune definitely mars the overall experience for me.

So! In the spirit of Autumn and INCLUSION (which I'm sure Peter Steele would appreciate), I am going to listen to Who Will Save The Sane? over and over and over and over again this season, to force myself to like it.

That is all.

Couldn't wait til October, eh?

Hmm, that is NOT the one song out of Type O's catalog that I would expect to hear that about. I don't like some of super short, chaotic, industrial type songs, but "Who Will Save the Sane?" is pretty classic gothic Type O.

I put October Rust and Dead Again ahead of World Coming Down in my rankings.

Dead Again is fairly weak, by TON standards, IMO. Halloween in Heaven, Some Stupid Tomorrow, and the massively overlong These Three Things bring it down. But Ode to Locksmiths, Hail and Farewell to Britain, September Sun and Tripping a Blind Man are primo TON

WCD is my fave, but I do agree the 1-2 tag team of Everyone I Love is Dead and Who Will Save the Sane is where the album dips in quality. But damn does it pick up with the title track and my fave Creepy Green Light arrive and never falters henceforth.

October Rust was my 1st TON and will always have a piece of my heart. But the bullshit noise track and talking intro and outro are dumb. I dont like My Girlfriends Girlfriend or the Cinnamon Girl cover.

I'm comin' 'round on Life is Killing Me and has been my most played TON album since Dead Again ran out of steam.

These Three Things is one of my top 5 TON songs. Profit of Doom and September Sun are also up there. I think I like every song on the album.

I wore out Life is Killing Me when it came out. Seriously played it around the clock. I think I burned out and never recovered. It doesn't hit the same anymore. I'm gonna take the NAD approach and play it repeatedly.

Wolf Moon is one of the most underrated TON songs.

apparently to Peter Steele (RIP) it was a thing. never tried it myself

The 28th day
She'll be bleeding again
And in lupine ways
We'll alleviate the pain

Unholy water
Sanguine addiction
Those silver bullets
A last blood benediction

It is her moon time
When there's iron in the air
A rusted essence