Type O Negative...

SonOfNun

Bill Ward's Red Pants
Oct 21, 2003
The Southland
sonofnun7.wordpress.com
FUCKING RULE! October Rust is without a doubt one of my Top 5 albums of all time. Greatness from beginning to end, no weak tracks. Once "Love You to Death" comes on, there is no damn way that album is going off until completion.

Gotta be one of the greatest bands ever, and I would find it hard to believe that anyone on this forum wouldn't like at least ONE Type O Negative song.

Discuss.

I like 'em a lot, though Steele is one cheesy SOB, though the goofy vampire romance bullshit is his little schtick.

October Rust is my favorite, followed by World Coming Down. I still don't know what to think about Life is Killing Me.

Best TON song - "Burnt Flowers Fallen"

I don't think I know any. I'm especiallu curious now though just because of their upcoming tour with Amorphis, which I'll probably go see.

I love TON's covers. The cover of "Summer Breeze" is masterful, as is "Paranoid" and the combo of three Beatles tunes. Didn't like "Cinnamon Girl" too much. It's OK.

J. said:
I love TON's covers. The cover of "Summer Breeze" is masterful.

Definitely. I need to hear their first two albums, I have the others. "Summer Breeze" is very well done.

"Life is Killing Me" is very good, but it wore off a little bit over time, where as "October Rust" just gets better. "Bloody Kisses" has a few weak songs, but most are incredible.

The first two? You mean Slow, Deep and Hard and Origin of the Feces?

eh, not really essential. SDaH has two good songs, and OotF has two good songs as well, being the cover of "Hey Joe" (called "Hey Peter") and the awesome cover of "Paranoid"

wooooo! *is wearing her world coming down shirt*
october rust!! :kickass:
a lot of people don't particularly like world coming down, at least not as their favorite, but damn i love it. especially right now that theres a pinch of fall in the air.
life is killing me is damn good too, and who can't like origin of the FECEEEEEES.

and now, enjoy....
steele.jpg

J. said:
The first two? You mean Slow, Deep and Hard and Origin of the Feces?

Yeah those two. "World Coming Down" I haven't listened to as much, but there are a couple songs that sound good. When I think Type O Negative I almost always pick up "October Rust" then "Bloody Kisses" then "Life is Killing Me" so I haven't got around to it as much. I'll have to check it out further tonight.

One of my favorite bands, and hands down Best. Coverband. EVAR.
J. said:
Best TON song - "Burnt Flowers Fallen"
Yep, tied with Glass Walls of Limbo (wombs and tombs mix).

Burnt Flowers Fallen is such "da shit" man. In fact that whole album is great.

I had to write a poem for an English college class once, so I stole a line from "Haunted". You know the one that goes "Hades I'm sure must be missing a demon". Except I turned "Hades" into "Hell" because it was one of those poems that can only have so many syllables in a line. The teacher circles that particular line and wrote "Excellent line!". HAHAHA

I found Life is Killing Me to have the shortest shelf life, but I did listen to it 05871035 times the month it was released.

I think World Coming Down might be my favorite just because that's the one album I continue to notice new things with every time I listen to it. For awhile I didn't think it was terribly special. Although it is hard to deny the awesomeness that is October Rust...

I dont know I am kind of on a fence with Type O negative, some songs are excellent, others kind of flow together into mediocrity. Just personal opinion. Id much rather listen to old Tiamat.

Adrian said:
I found Life is Killing Me to have the shortest shelf life, but I did listen to it 05871035 times the month it was released.

Exactly my situation.

Also, "Blood and Fire" is perhaps the best thing the band has done. Let it be known that the last few songs on "Bloody Kisses" are better than the first few by far.

The cheese factor is part of their charm, they're like a goth band making fun of goth bands. :loco:

Bass and guitar tones are some of my favorite, and Johnny Kelly is the perfect example of a less-is-more drummer.