This is a bunch of shit...

I wonder, what d'you all think of System of a down ?
Well, his is not nu-metal, this is not true metal, think this is alternative metal, so what do you think of this band ?

I have their last album ("Steal this album"), and it's great.

Whaeuh hum... Mmh... I have to say that I don't agree with you...

Well I respect your musical taste and blah, and your other taste, or maybe not :loco: , but you're answer look like you don't like Soad just because it is main-srteam, so it is my duty to tell you the truth, and bring you back of the light way of our immortal emperor ! Euh, hem, I eat too much of warhammer 40K...

First, as I said, Soad is not nu-metal, this is not true metal too, this is, as I said, what we could call "alternative something":D .
But I understand you may like only TRUE metal, and nothing else.

Then, Soad is not main-stream, or should I say, their music was already what it was, when they were not already main-stream.

In fact, I think Soad is different from all the other main-stream bands, 'course you won't find amaizing solos, and most of their songs are in dropped-C, but the riffs are great, the singer voice is different from everything that exists, and their songs are originals...

Well, I'll stop here, maybe you have already listen to Soad, and don't like it, but if you never listen to them, you should give it a try. :)

I've listened to a few songs and seen a film of the recordings of Toxicity which was really cool ;)
They're somewhat original musicwise and so is the singer's voice but they're simply not to my taste. I need Heavy Metal like In Flames or Metallica or CoB or something...
I dont count them among the other shitty MTV bands but they're not that far from them, they're too simple and mainstream I find. Admittedly I have an antipathy for everything mainstream-related but this is not about being mainstream, it's about quality and taste, the mainstream things only adds to the fun bashing it :D