This is disgusting

1) We need to eat animals to survive. Period.

2) Cows are killed almost instantaneously with a pneumatic pistol through the skull.

3) Compare that with skinning an animal alive because some think they'd look cute as a coat.

4) Until you realise that, you're an idiot.

most of the videos ive seen they just hang em up and cut em
when they do the pistol shit everythings moving so fast that it doesnt kill them like its supposed to and it just stuns them and theyre cut

1) We need to eat animals to survive. Period.

2) Cows are killed almost instantaneously with a pneumatic pistol through the skull.

3) Compare that with skinning an animal alive because some think they'd look cute as a coat.

1.) No we don't. The human organism can live very fine without meat, many sorts of meat are even unhealthy, at least if you eat/consume it every day. I like meat, but I have a lot of vegeterian friends, and all of them are VERY healthy.

2.) Yes, they are killed instantly in most countries (because it's so cheap), but the treatment before their death is EXTREMELY cruel - at least for the production of the cheap meat you can buy in super markets.

3.) I agree, but with the constraints I mentioned. Slaughtering to eat meat and skinning animals alive to wear fancy looking handshoes is not the same at all.

Violence is the key.
If key=solution for the problem: No, I don't think that violence is the key, because it doesn't aim at the deep reasons for the blatant violating of animals. Neither does it have an effect on the political dimension of the problem, nor on the philosophical.

But it may be an understandable reaction nonetheless.

P.S. I'm not a hippie, but I can't stand pathos, on BOTH sides.

Tbh, most pro-animal rights, pro-green, pro-nature, etc. groups are fucked up. Like the so called land preservation programs in which they convince the people that they're doing good but some of the time they testing the effects of chemicals in that ecosystem.

1.) No we don't. The human organism can live very fine without meat, many sorts of meat are even unhealthy, at least if you eat/consume it every day. I like meat, but I have a lot of vegeterian friends, and all of them are VERY healthy.

There are a couple of compounds that the body needs and can't synthesize that can only be obtained from animal protein.

You technically 'can' go without meat (compensating with eggs, milk or similar), but it's definitely not easy, and very expensive.

Your friends might be an example, sure, but definitely that doesn't make a rule. Just as I know vegetarian people who are seemingly healthy (seemingly because decent studies would need to span lifetimes), I know people who were medically ordered to go back to eating meat.

2.) Yes, they are killed instantly in most countries (because it's so cheap), but the treatment before their death is EXTREMELY cruel - at least for the production of the cheap meat you can buy in super markets.

The only animals I know that receive a cruel treatment before their deaths are birds. And given how many times I tried to sleep at 5am and couldn't because of birds outside or some cock singing nearby, I say blast them birds.

Good point. I'm a vegetarian, and I'm pretty damn healthy. We don't really require meat to live. Meat is a good source of protein, yes, but there are other ways to get protein.

I have a lot of meat eating friends, and hell, my boyfriend is even a meat eater. I don't see why consuming meat is such a big deal to some vegetarians. It's definitely not a big deal to me.

I've heard soybean crushed grain is cheaper than meat, way healthier, and tastes even better. I just never remember to look it up. But when I do I do it for myself and not to be a hippie, so sit back down.

There are a couple of compounds that the body needs and can't synthesize that can only be obtained from animal protein.

You technically 'can' go without meat (compensating with eggs, milk or similar), but it's definitely not easy, and very expensive.

Your friends might be an example, sure, but definitely that doesn't make a rule. Just as I know vegetarian people who are seemingly healthy (seemingly because decent studies would need to span lifetimes), I know people who were medically ordered to go back to eating meat.
I agree that a full compensation is not easy and I agree that long studies would be necessary to prove anything. But the mass of people with diseases of civilisation doesn't really increase my faith in eating meat everyday. I eat meat maybe 2-3 times a week - tofu can taste delicious, too.

The only animals I know that receive a cruel treatment before their deaths are birds. And given how many times I tried to sleep at 5am and couldn't because of birds outside or some cock singing nearby, I say blast them birds.
Lol, well, obviously birds are the only cruel treated animals because pigs and cows deserve the treatment because they are dirty and ugly.

@adolf_from_nihil: Source? It's always the same with you Ted Nugent fanboys, you're raging into a debate with your pseudo-conservative opinions and neglect sources as a necessary basis of discussions.

I agree that a full compensation is not easy and I agree that long studies would be necessary to prove anything. But the mass of people with diseases of civilisation doesn't really increase my faith in eating meat everyday. I eat meat maybe 2-3 times a week - tofu can taste delicious, too.

Meat industry business is based on wealthier people wanting to eat meat. Humanity would survive just fine without cows, pigs etc. (Taking away fish market would be a way bigger blow.) With the high price of the meat they get back the expenses of feeding the animals, etc. Anyway, this thread was about something else.

I've heard soybean crushed grain is cheaper than meat

True

, way healthier,

Absolutely naw. Do look it up.

and tastes even better.

That one's also a naw. Soybeans are generic food, kinda like emergency rations, only worse.

tofu can taste delicious, too.

Oh please, it tastes kinda like crushed beetles :p

Lol, well, obviously birds are the only cruel treated animals because pigs and cows deserve the treatment because they are dirty and ugly.

What treatment? They walk around in the pasture eating all day. That's not cruel treatment. If they do it differently in your country, the problem lies with your country, not with the model of eating meat.

What treatment? They walk around in the pasture eating all day. That's not cruel treatment. If they do it differently in your country, the problem lies with your country, not with the model of eating meat.
Lol, the cheap meat comes from animals who can't "walk around" because they are caged together with 234723847769 others on 1 m².

Expensive meat is expensive because they spend money on space so that the cows can walk around and eat all day. Cheap meat is cheap because they don't bother spending money on that, easy as that.

So: I don't see a problem with the idea of eating meat. I have a problem with supporting bad treatment of animals by buying cheap meat (often imported from the eastern european countries).

Lol, the cheap meat comes from animals who can't "walk around" because they are caged together with 234723847769 others on 1 m².

Expensive meat is expensive because they spend money on space so that the cows can walk around and eat all day. Cheap meat is cheap because they don't bother spending money on that, easy as that.

So: I don't see a problem with the idea of eating meat. I have a problem with supporting bad treatment of animals by buying cheap meat (often imported from the eastern european countries).

Space here isn't an issue, you see. But still I got your point, and I tend to agree.