This should be interesting: How many of you use pirated plugs? (ANONYMOUS POLL)

Are you currently using any pirated software?

• Yes

Votes: 100 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 30.6%

• Total voters
about a year ago i went from 100%pirate to 100%legit over the space of a few days :)
i cleared out all my crack software and used Reaper and a bunch of freeware for ages. a few months ago i got sick of that way of working and bought Logic Pro 8, and i'm fucking delighted with it.

my motivation for going ligit was that i realised that if i ever made any money i'd need to buy all that software, which would be a hefty bill :)
i reckon if you wanna be taken seriously you need to behave seriously, even if your not a pro, pretend you are and buy the plugs you use.
I can also say that going ligit i learned far more about the software than if i had stayed pirating. first week i had Logic i spent hours every evening reading the manuals from start to finish. when i used reaper i did the same. when you pay for software you suddenly give a damn about it :)

When I use pirated stuff, I technically am NOT shoplifting. :heh:
This is between me and the developer, and has nothing to do with the ppl in between (sellers, distributors etc).

I therefore declare that every single plug/software I use are pirated.

The list includes:

[Edited, ask me personally]

And with people like me around, they're soon gonna cut down on prices and fill their stuff with advertisements instead.:Smokin:

I haven't had a cracked plug on my system in over 3 years... hell, i even legally own my copy of Adobe CS3...

but believe you me, I had EVERYTHING... and had no idea how to use it...

I decided that I would ditch them all and only install what I thought I needed, once i realized what i actually used, i went out and bought it all (piece by piece, of course)... only ended up spending like $1k total (bought most of it second hand)... versus having tons of expensive shit... just to have it...

Owning it outright, ftw. :headbang:

btw... I don't own/use anything waves... my mixes are better for it.

100% legit here. I use UAD-1 and stock Cubase plugins primarily for signal processing. For virtual instruments, I use Slate Drums 3.0, DFH 1.0, Absynth, Battery, Kontakt, M-Tron, Steinberg VIs, etc..

I would post some .gif of a guy eating popcorn, but I think you're just BS'ing to bait people...

snacks.gif

when i was a pc user, everything but my copy of cubase le and the line 6 plugs, was pirated. it was the ***** bundle, and a ton of synths i had. since i moved to mac in november i've been legit. it feels good. now i get by with the stock cubase le plugs, plus i bought some sonalksis plugs and thats all i need. i just love the sv-315 comp. it's really nice.

I don't see why Waves would give a fuck about someone who is trying their plugins the cracked way in his basement somewhere out in the woods in Canada.

i resent that lol jk

Im 100 percent legit, honestly. logic and my liquid mix and battery 3 pretty much cover what i need. picking up a melodyne package, and maybe superior in the next few days!

I do not own a studio, I use the studio of a friend of mine or help him, so there we have most of the plugs legals.

But at home ALL PLUG INS ARE PIRATED and I have no remorse cause I don't earn money by using them it is just to do my home recordings.
Call te police if you want, they'll never catch me alive!

If I had my own studio I could afford to buy them because sooner or later plugs would be recouped.