Thoughts about CHARACTER

My copy turned up this morning and I love it. This even usurps the almighty Haven as my pick of DT albums. I love the techno aproach they keys have taken this time, this (and the artwork) gives a great postfuturistic feel to the songs, a bit like Cypher by ...And Oceans (which is a godlike album), and upping the tempo was just brilliant. Hell any album that goes into a blastbeat after 20 seconds deserves praise. full marks from me, can't wait till the London Gig:D

I got the new album a couple of days ago and i've been listening to it day and night,ever since! :D I really feel the need to thank the guys for yet another ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC release :headbang: it sounds so fresh and powerful,full of energy and also emotion at the same time! I don't know if any of the DT guys posts on here but i really wanted to say this and pay my respects to that great band called Dark Tranquillity :worship: YOU DID A GREAT JOB GUYS!A WORLD OF THANKS AND PLZ VISIT GREECE AGAIN! All hailz and cheers to all!

A thread of discussion on the Character album is available HERE if you want to see what all the forum members thought and perhaps discuss just what it is that's so special about the album.

But yeah... I'd also like to thank DT for this album and their others. Dark Tranquillity are partly responsible as to why I am the man I've grown to be.

Oh, and the members do troll the forum from time to time... and Niklas posts under the name 'Caotico' semi frequently.

i guess its kinda growing on me already.......... i did just buy it last night :) :) :)

it just seems like it lacks memorable riffs.. unlike DD where it had tons of riffs that got stuck in my head. The only riff from this album i can remember is the tapping riff from Lost to Apathy.. thats not a good sign.. and WAYYYYYYY too much keyboard... I didnt think it could get worse than In Flames but they use it wayyyy too much and its wayyy too loud.... i wish there was a version of the cd without keys

Dry run. :headbang: My fave. This album is so much better than Damage Done. Which I liked but wasnt as impressed as was with Projector. People who talk about Inflames are fucked. InFlames still slays. From Lunar Strain to STYE I have yet to find an album that I didnt like. I actually think My Negation is the weakest track. Through Smudeged Lenses and Endless feed are awesome. Thank god there is MDM or Id be stuck listening to noisy shit like Converge and Dillenger escape plan. Yeah I said it they suck, go fuck yourself. Dry RUn is by far my fave. The simple crunch in the middle break does it for me every time , Brilliant and catchy in its simplicity. I think the Keyboards make this album so much more interesting. Ive heard people say alot of things about Haven and its keyboards and its the only DT Ive never heard, because I have never been able to find a copy. As far as the booklet, well I really like it, its very dark and cold to me and thats how this album feels to me. Even the way the add THE to all their last names screams Isolation in my mind. I think its perfect. Like its mechanical like a machine.

the new build is my fav
charakter is my second DT album, but i think it is much better than damage down.
Now DT is one of my fav bands
thx for this masterpiece

Scourge of Malice said:
awww your ears cant anything thats not a nice little melody?

Did you leave out the word HEAR or HANDLE ?? Noise sucks. Sarcasm is best used when you remember to type all the words. I had a guy spend twenty minutes trying to convince me that Converge was brilliant. I finally just gave in cause I was tired of listening about them. I bought skydancer instead. He said I was missing out, I said sorry I dont listen to shit. A buddy let me watch some video of Converge. After ten minutes i turned it off and gave it back. Melodies and harmonies speak of the soul, noise speaks of nothing. Its because of people who like noise that I feel disgraced as being a human. I put Converge right in between St Anger and anything 50 cent does. Pure utter trash.

hahaha dissing someone on a misstype... genius.

I won't argue that Converge is brilliant, I do like them though.

But to say Dillenger Escape Plan sucks is such a foolish statement. You sound like an old lady, "AH ITS JUST NOISE!!!!!"... theres so much to DEP's music. I can't even begin to figure out how they play half of those riff + id rather hear a band like them then another melodic death band playing the same scale in a song for the 1000th time.

those two bands arent even that "noisey" anyways.. when I hear "noisey" I think more along the lines of Sunn (())).... thats probably "trash" too right? :tickled:

*** anyways this album has grown on me more.. I think the first two tracks are rather crap but after that it gets pretty good. No way will I ever put this album over Damage Done though... and DEFINITELY not over Mind's I... I just find the keyboard parts on here cheesy and overdone.. eh

Blutaar said:
charakter is my second DT album, but i think it is much better than damage down.
Now DT is one of my fav bands
Then you better start learning the actual names of their albums. Welcome.

edit: i got the album several days ago. i'm listening to it for the first time right now. the autoplay thing is really really annoying, i hope it dies a lot. I'm at track number 5 now, and 4 is already deep in my heart. Even if i hate the rest of the album, track 4 makes worth the buy.

:lol: Did anyone notice that on the back of the digipack track 005 is called "Lost to Apahty"?
This has endless possibilities for greek puns. :D

agree to disagree :)

I listened to a lot of Damage Done today and last night and I defnitely dont think Character surpasses it... DD has so many memorable parts that stick with me long after I've listened to it.. not so much on character, except lost to apathy

The problem with Damage Done is that there's not really a lot in it that I can go back to. The songs are more or less simple and Mikael's vocals are stable, for the lack of a more negative word. Some good lyrics, but that doesn't make great songs...so, Damage Done is good, but to me there's much more to discover in Character, and it keeps my interest a lot better.