thoughts about metallica

Originally posted by JayKeeley

er...confusion overload....Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets 'rock'....

...Load and Reload do NOT 'rock'...neither does most of Garage Inc....S&M fell flat on its face....they are now mainstream and write music to please Kid Rock fans and MTV senior execs....

...therefore, they no longer 'rock'....phew, that's better.

NAPSTER, NAPSTER...WHERE'S THE CASH THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER...

Oh please! You can't ... well maybe you can, some people just cling to the bandwagon with a deathgrip ... but there's plenty on both Load, and Re-Load that kick some ass. Yeah, they're mainstream ... so what? Who fucking cares?

I don't know where you think that S&M fell on it's face, it's one of their top grossing albums. Seems like a lot of people liked it to me.

For the record, I've been listening to them since Ride, so I'm not some 'newbie' Metallica fan. I like the old and the new.

Originally posted by DarkWolf_777

I don't know where you think that S&M fell on it's face, it's one of their top grossing albums. Seems like a lot of people liked it to me.

The large number of album sales does not equate to musical integrity! And I don't dispute that Metallica have a LOT of fans that will buy their records, I'm just pointing out that they now have a different breed of fans.

I saw them a couple of years ago (supported by Korn and Kid Rock) and that about sums it up doesn't it? Yeah it was a sellout, but it is so funny seeing these MTV kids in clown pants raising their fists to 'Turn the Page' or 'Whiskey in the Jar' and then projecting these 'blank stares' during Creeping Death, Leper Messiah, or Metal Militia. Wankers.

And IMO, S&M was atrocious - musically it was a failure. Master of Puppets has never sounded so bad. Some of the album was ok, but for the most part, it was a flop. I did like Minus Human I admit.

Originally posted by ShaneBarnes1982
I probably wouldn't. The first 4 albums are classics just the way they are.

I totally agree with that.
I think it would be a "waste" of money for one who already have those albums...

Napster,napster,wheres the cash that iv been after.Thats halarious!!!!!! haha they should make that a song haha.Anyway,load and reload suck,and so does S&M,but garage inc is kinda cool,especially that 2nd cd cause all those songs were recored when they were good,so,they released 6 of the best metal albums to date,and just 3 of there cds sucks,thats not that bad,metallica is cool,but they need to be the way there were 15 years ago,long hair and the whole bit,the whole napster lawsuit thing,i dont care,i never used napster or any of that,and why should music be free?? not that im complaining about doanloading,its a major convinece,but still,why should music be free?? just a thought.

Alough i would classify them as one of the best metal bands concidering there old stuff.I WILL buy there next album because
I LIKE METALLICA there,i said it!

Damn, they would probably be really cool. Add some modern day recording effects and all that jazz, especially on justice when you could actually hear a bass player! that would kick ass. I like the cds, it just sounds like something more to buy to me. Mine are scratched to shit so i probably would

I was pretty disappointed with Metallica (lars), when they made a whole big deal out of "people getting their music for free", but what kind of pissed me off was that Metallica was the only band on the firing squad. People were just ripping on them even though there were quite a few bands behind Metallica on that. People just focused on Metallica, I'm not really 'defending' them here but... Metallica are damn good at what they do! What really pissed me off is that back in... '85 or '86 when they said that they would never cut their hair and blah blah, but they did it anyway.

Another thing is that Lars said they would never make a music video just to keep out of the "mainstream," but one of the producers had a good concept for 'One' so they made that video. If there was a good concept for THAT video, why did they make more? (Just to stay in the spotlight after the One video? Interesting.) :lol: I think that was when it started to turn ugly for them, it was a long ride down but it ultimately ended up with them on the chopping block today.

They made some good tunes and I respect them for being able to stay in the scene as long as they have, I would buy anything they put out, just to hear Kirk. He's the man! :headbang:

Yes I know there are many better, but he (and the rest of metallica) were a big influence on me and I'll never turn on them. I was angry for a time but I got over it and I think everyone else should too.

- Allan :Smug:

Oh yeah, one thing I hate about Metallica now is the way that James sings!

I prefer albums earlier than Re-Load but, they all have their good points.

But I do hate 'Whiskey in the Jar' though! :mad: Music's good but the Lyrics and Vocals suck.