Albums worth having the original

One thing that really pisses me off about some reissues is the unnecessary inclusion of entire albums on the same disc, with the front cover depicting smaller versions of the original artwork. I'm glad to say I own none of these and I refuse to ever buy any.

SAME. A-fucking-men!

What makes the Dreamweaver reissue so bad that it's worth dishing out $50 for the original? As far as I'm concerned, the Sabbat reissues are some of the most faithful I've come across.

I also don't mind the Demigod reissue much, and the demo is great.

Tiamat - Sumerian Cry is worth it simply because the artwork is completely desecrated 100% on the reissue.

I got the original of Dreamweaver for 15 dollars on ebay a few months back.

:cool:

My issue with the reissue wasn't that it ruined the album sound or anything, but I just didn't care for the live tracks.

the cover of the beyond sanctorum reissue is gay and the bonus tracks ruin the flow of the album. even on the original CD theres an extraneous bonus track after Paths so the tracklisting on the original vinyl is the only legit one imo

True, but I like not having to get up and stop the cd - I prefer my CD player just switching to the next CD without me having to manually do it, I mean the effort isn't major but it is annoying having to do it :p

Stop button.

Agreed. I don't really care about bonus tracks being included on re-issues. The only thing that truly bothers me is if the original artwork is nowhere to be found on the release or if the remastered sound is different/worse than the original.

I thought the thing on the cover was pretty cheesy and I was pissed when I saw that it was on the jewel case and not the wrap. I'd prefer that all the bonus live/demo/ep songs be on a separate cd like the Candlemass reissues.

yeah that kinda pissed me off the thing on the jewel case as well as all those useless live tracks.

Katatonia - Dance of December Souls has to be one of the worst reissues ever. And generally most reissues to digipak is a failure. Jewelcase is the shit. The Bathory reissues where several tracks are in one track are just bad too. Thankfully I don't own any of them. :>
Lastly this kind of reissue is sucky too:
1d16_1.JPG

the cover of the beyond sanctorum reissue is gay.
Like that's a legitimate reason not to buy it. What are you, thirteen?
Sound-wise, there's nothing wrong with reissues of Beyond Sanctorum, Shadows in the Deep or His Majesty at the Swamp(plus I love the bonus track).You people are too picky.

I haven't come across any albums where I thought it was worth collecting originals for other than just masturbatory value. If something is out of print, then you might as well dl the release, since secondhand copies don't help the band at all. When releases have unwanted bonus tracks, you can get around this by burning them onto your computer and creating playlists that don't have the unwanted tracks.

I could maybe see buying jewel cases over digipacks, because digipacks suck.

re: the dual cover albums and smaller album pics, i feel the same. i hate the fact that i cant find Exhorder - Slaughter in the Vatican, without getting it in a double pack including The Law.

I got ripped off when I thought I was buying an original "Where No Life Dwells" and ended up with the inclusion of "And the Laughter Has Died" EP. That pissed me off ...