Metallica

Hell Awaits Us All

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2006
Killing You
why won't this band remaster their albums?? I don't get it

slayer and megadeth have both remastered most of their early albums, why won't metallica remaster their first 4 albums so we can finally hear the greatness of "and justice for all" with decent production??

wouldn't justice be fuckin great if we could actually hear the bass and have a clicking sound instead of a "thud" sound with the drums???

What are you on about, Justice has got the clickiest drum sound EVER.

I'd personally love to hear them remixed, instead of remastered. Especially MoP, just to hear Cliff's basslines in all their glory.

yea do it both, remaster and remix them

they will do it for sure sometime in the next 10 - 20 years, I just wish they would do it NOW!

edit: ya I just listened to a couple songs on the album. There is no bass and that's what makes the production sound as awful as it (the drums are mostly ok) - still remix and remaster it

I don't think anything by metallica is essential besides kill em all which already sounds great and should not be messed with. Set aside that metallica sold more I can think of plently of 80's bands that are just a lot more essential in terms of actual music and pushing bounderies regardless album sales that seem more influencial when it comes to underground thrash,death and black metal during the 80's and early 90's. I notice that older metallica albums are actually loud compared to a lot of metal albums and as far as I know that remastering a cd just makes it louder unless the actual intruments are remixed,etc.. and I don't think most are so why re-master their albums when they are actually loud. You do not have to worry about having to crank 80's metallica albums ten times louder than every other cd even today because their analog recordings are just very loud and upfront.

I don't think anything by metallica is essential besides kill em all which already sounds great and should not be messed with. Set aside that metallica sold more I can think of plently of 80's bands that are just a lot more essential in terms of actual music and pushing bounderies regardless album sales that seem more influencial when it comes to underground thrash,death and black metal during the 80's and early 90's.

Master of Puppets is not only essential it's quintessential. I guess it all depends at times on your taste in metal, but Master of Puppets should be near the top of most Metal fans best of all time lists, in one form or another.

That's not playing down Kill Em all's importance either by the way.

As far as the thread topic, I would not be surprised if Metallica has it in their master plan to do the remasters at some specific point for a specific reason. They're very business oriented that way. Then again they personally may not want to mess with them as they were. Would be a good question to ask them about eh?

Master of Puppets is not only essential it's quintessential. I guess it all depends at times on your taste in metal, but Master of Puppets should be near the top of most Metal fans best of all time lists, in one form or another.

First metal album I ever owned. :kickass:

I can't why Metallica wouldn't want to remaster their old albums. They'd stand to make a nice chunk of momey from it, so why not? It'd be nice to get a copy of MoP with better quality and maybe some bonus tracks.

I can't understand the Black Album (1991) hatred some people have. For me, they sold out AFTER that came out. Black Album is more accessible and mainstream compared to the past efforts but its still pretty much thrash metal for me.

I can't understand the Black Album (1991) hatred some people have. For me, they sold out AFTER that came out. Black Album is more accessible and mainstream compared to the past efforts but its still pretty much thrash metal for me.

I agree with everything except the album being thrash. I thought it was a killer album and still forging new ground. More commercial, yeah, but without losing integrity (my opinion). Everything after Black is poo (although I did like S&M).

How would you classify it in terms of genre?

I think all they did was slow down the tempo on most of their tracks. And that's understandable.. Nirvana and other grunge rock acts pretty much affected the whole metal scene at that point.

I have often wondered this myself. You can buy Megadeth remasters for bargain bin prices here, yet all of Metallica's back catalog still costs the same as a new album and for the most part (pre-MoP) sounds like shit. Which is also the reason why aside from MoP and the black album I do not own any of their CDs right now.

It's even more mindblowing when you take into account how much Metallica loves money. What could possibly be an easier way to make a quick buck than have some producer/engineer remaster your old CDs and re-release them?

I would like to hear ...And Justice with better sound quality, because the songs live are awesome, just arent played often. The band also didnt think much of the album so probably dont care.

I think all the other albums dont need changing. God im loving 'Escape' right now.

I prefere the music on and justice but the songwriting on the s/t better. And Justice For All just seems drawn out for some reason to me in a pointless way. I don't think their is enough riffs and tempo changes for the songs to be aslong as they are.