Thrash metal heroes

Hanger 18 said:
If you saw me you would. I'm not fat, spotty, i shower daily, i have olive skin, a nice side parting (but not slick), i am perfect height (not giant, and not a midget), and the chicks just cant get enough of me.

You sound like a poof to me.

Anyway, back on topic, I have always had Megadeth as my favourite thrash band. Their early works are head and shoulders above the other bands of the time, and although some of their later work has been a bit...erm...shit, they continue to pen good infectious songs. (Back in the Day is as good a song as I have heard the last couple of years).

Other than that, I like the usual suspects, but also I have to have a special place for Sabbat and Skyclad - Martin Walkyier has always been a bit of a hero to me, thanks to his amazing lyrics. No one, and I mean no one, has a better or more amusing take on lyrics writing than the man. :kickass:

Consuming Impulse said:
thrash is the best.

ill say Slayer are the kings of thrash. come to think about it, they are the kings of metal.

Slayer, Megadeth, Kreator, Anthrax, Sepultura, Pantera, OLD Metallica, and Testament.

those are the kings of thrash.

Kerry King.
Pantera are not thrash.

Impudent said:
Pantera are not thrash.

I never thought of Pantera as thrash, but fuck have you heard the Rebel Meets Rebel disc? For some reason I thought of Testament, it's got some thrashin songs for sure.

Imp! said:
I never thought of Pantera as thrash, but fuck have you heard the Rebel Meets Rebel disc? For some reason I thought of Testament, it's got some thrashin songs for sure.
No, I haven't heard it. What is it?

ender7227 said:
^I love that fucking sig. It makes me laugh everytime I see it.
I don't really understand what's going on in that sig.

Impudent said:
No, I haven't heard it. What is it?

It's basically Pantera without Phil (Vin, Rex, and Dime) with David Alan Coe on vox. Country metal. I have to listen to it again, I went on a Testament bender at work the night before, and came home with RMR half asleep...don't hold me to that comparison yet...

I think the site has a few samples if you look around...I'll try to look.

ender7227 said:
Oh, cool. I'll check it out.

Uh, little warning, Coe's voice ain't exactly "metal", hehe, pretty interesting though. I prefer his voice over Phil's, immensly. I'd prefer a howling dog over Anselmo, but yea...

I'm going to retract the earlier comparison I made, RMR does not sound like thrash.:loco: Great shit nonetheless.

slayer.jpg