Thoughts on Full Force "One"?

entropywins

May 6, 2009
I've read several lackluster reviews on this album and really, I don't understand it. As Ken said in his write-up, if you don't go in expecting prog, there's a lot to enjoy. Personally, I'm diggin' it. The vocals are strong and the hooks and melodies are tight with some tasty guitar solos. It's a solid slab of melodic metal that sounds great to my ears.

Just curious what others who got this think about it. Do tell.

I agree with you Entropy. With Mike Andersson on vox it reminds of Cloudscape, which btw is a solid band. Nothing flashy or groundbreaking, just good ol' solid metal. On this release i detect a bit more of an edge to Andersson's vocals. Which is a good thing. Also has just the right amount of crunch, too.

I listened to this cd....great production, well played.......but I have to agree with some of the critics about it being lackluster. Sorry but, in my opinion, it's just plain old melodic power metal with nothing that stands out.

Agree with Raptured. Solid production and performances but the compositions/melodies are way too generic (and we're talking about Power Metal here so they don't need to be ultra proggy to be enjoyable). My two cents...

:Spin: