Thrash Albums - Hidden Gems

I can't believe i didn't add this one to my original post.Carnivore-Retalliation.I wish Pete would take some time and reform this beast.Surly he has some brutality left in him.

MORDRED. Great band. If anyone is interested, I am selling a vhs copy of Mordred's "In This Live" VHS. Full concert, official release. Out of print. Excellent condition.

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/hoshi669/

Also gotta love all Helstar, Flotsam and Jetsam, early Fates Warning, Forbidden, the lsit goes on...

Whoever said death metal and thrash metal are not related is a fucking fool, moron, stooge, court jester, whatever term you like. the two go hand in hand. Especially nowadays w/ bands like the Crown, At the Gates, Soilwork, etc....

Epidemic is thrash, not death. And Ripping Corpse is far from your standard death metal band.

Originally posted by Hawk
Yea!! Anacrusis rock's !!
I thought nobody would ever mention this band here. This is true if you can follow it: My wife's half-sister's husband's brother is John Emery who was the bassist for Anacrusis. He eats Thanksgiving dinner with us every year. He gave me some old videos and cassette tapes of Anacrusis. Honestly, I haven't watched them in so long I can't even remember if I liked them. He just got married last year & lives here in St. Louis. He has told me a few stories about how they toured Europe with Death in the late 80s. He is also positive that they would have been signed to Metal Blade if Cannibal Corpse wasn't around.

Hi Guyzzz and Girlzzz,

what about :

-) Invocator : Weave the apocalypse (fuckin'powerful !!!)
-) Asphyxia : Exit: reality
-) Poltergeist : Behind My Mask (1991)
-) Atheist : Piece of Time/ Unquestionable Presence

Nice ones ...

"In the Dying Area ... Nothing to be done"

:)

Originally posted by VeilOfMaya
Hi Guyzzz and Girlzzz,

what about :

-) Invocator : Weave the apocalypse (fuckin'powerful !!!)
-) Asphyxia : Exit: reality
-) Poltergeist : Behind My Mask (1991)
-) Atheist : Piece of Time/ Unquestionable Presence

That Invocator album is really bland. No striking riffs, mediocre songwriting and lacking vocals.

Those Atheist albums are great but they're more death than thrash.

Bon, d'accord, désolé de vous avoir dérangé ...

je vais de ce pas aller me pendre ...

:D

(j'le trouvais pourtant pas mal du tout, moi, cet album... sniff...)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Palka

"same band who did "Dying to Live" in 95? "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:D

Yes, exactly !

" Weave..." came out in 1993 (Black Mark) and I personally prefers this one to "Dying ...".

:)

Originally posted by SoulVomitor
I thought nobody would ever mention this band here. This is true if you can follow it: My wife's half-sister's husband's brother is John Emery who was the bassist for Anacrusis. He eats Thanksgiving dinner with us every year. He gave me some old videos and cassette tapes of Anacrusis. Honestly, I haven't watched them in so long I can't even remember if I liked them. He just got married last year & lives here in St. Louis. He has told me a few stories about how they toured Europe with Death in the late 80s. He is also positive that they would have been signed to Metal Blade if Cannibal Corpse wasn't around.

Well, next time you see him tell him Anacrusis has not been forgotten. Actually, now that I think of it, we are still waiting for a reunion :lol:

Originally posted by union9
Does anyone remember Mordred?Does anyone know what happened to this band?
Yeah,"Everyday's a Holiday"!Good Shit!
The ones i grew up with.

Mordred-In This Life
Deathrow-Deception Ignored
Kreator-their intire back catalouge Up to Coma Of Souls
Sodom-Agent Orange
Nuclear Assault-Survive
Mucky Pup-Boy In A Mans World
D.R.I.-Thrash Zone
Exodus-Fabulous Disaster
Overkill-Horrorscope
Death Angel-Act III
Sepultura-Beneath The Remains,Arise
Voi Vod-Dimension Hatross
Exhorder-The Law
Halloween-Keeper Of The Seven Keys II
Testament-Practice What You Preach
And a couple of those i shalt not mention.

Originally posted by markgugs
I just happened upon a Swedish band called Afflicted. I got their 'Prodigal Son' album. Nothing groundbreaking, but pretty good for its time (I think 1990 or 1991).

I love that album. I think it was release 1992 though I'm usually wrong about these things. They released another album called 'Dawn Of Glory' but I've never been able to find it.

Got most bases covered so far... Some of these may have been mentioned:
Xentrix
Onslaught
Re-Animator
Metal Church (sort of...)
Bathory
MOD
Gang Green
Rage
Living Death
Tankard
Acid Reign

And the greatest thrash band of all time...

Lawnmower Deth!