Thrash bands nobody care about?

Van Alan

Oct 11, 2001
Utah, USA
www.metalprovider.com
What are some great thrash bands that everyone forgets to mention with the greats, and are often overlooked?

D.A.M. - Great British thrash band from the Noise label who had two CDs in the late 80s.

I can list a few more, but I want to see what other people post first.

New bands always do covers from old bands but there are bands that seems forgotten I think like one of my favorite old albums

Exorcist - Nightmare Theater

or the mighty Hallows Eve
one of the greatets forgotten bands from the 80's

I have to say I start to listen to Metal on 1990 (At the age of 12) but eventualy begin to look back to all of those thrash bands thatI like alot now

other ones forgotten: Paradox, Protector, Rigor Mortis (What a Band!!!!)

:(

My personal favorite thrash band is CORONER, but I really believe that thrash metal legends that are quite forlorn are VOIVOD, MIDAS TOUCH, the mighty HALLOWS EVE (as you already mentioned). Old school thrash is missing from today's metal scene, but I have spoted at least one group that kicks ass.
The group is named "DELIRIOUS" and their album "TIME IS PROGRESS" is really a masterpiece. Of course Mekong Delta (on their thrash days) were great (on their more technical were AWESOME).

STAY THRASH

Exorcist Nightmare Theater, I've never even heard of the band, so I guess that proves your point. I'm sure it's a great CD and one I will have to look for.

Hallows Eve, Death And Insanity is a great disc with more than a few good songs and I agree with Rigor Mortis, a great debut!

Coroner, why oh why did I trade their R.I.P. CD! :(

Other good thrash bands, other than the obvious big names.
Blood Feast - http://www.drinktheblood.com
Defiance - Bay area band, Steev Esquivel (Skinlab) sang on their second and third CDs.
Dementia.
Exumer - German band like Kreator Destruction.

Still, a ton more could be listed!

DELIRIOUS - do they have a website? I'm always on the lookout for new bands.

Another new GERMAN thrash band is Witchburner http://www.witchburner.de
True thrash in the Sodom style. I have a CD from them called Blasphemic Assault but they also have a new one out which I have not heard.

I hated all the UK thrash bands besides Sabbat. Most of 'em were old punk bands jumping on the metal bandwagon, and others like Holosade, DAM, Slammer, Xentrix, Toranaga, etc were so toe-curlingly awful it made you ashamed to be British.

Good bands that never made it as big as they should have? I could make a huge list but:

Razor
Mekong Delta
Artillery
Assassin
Deathrow
Casbah

are the main ones that spiring to mind.

There was a ton of great demo bands like Wargod, Rabid, Deathrash and especially Sindrome who never got signed and should have.

Exorcist was a "joke" side-project of Virgin Steele.