Thrash Metal...no copy/paste, all real drums, all natural mix

There are far, far, far better reverbs than dverb. Its works perfectly here and there (especially snare) but there are better verbs out there.

Its the go-to verb for the "sneap" drum vibe :) Which is exactly what I like, these drums sound epically good!

haha, yeah, dVerb doesn't sound good, but it's still great for drums...ReVibe is a reverb to die for though!
Brett: I consolidate all the time, hate working with half a million snippets, I try to have the project clean at all times.

cool vid lasse, really helpfull!
interesting gating method, dealing with some bad recorded drums atm, i'll have to try it.
not sure if i got this right. you have copied the track and delayed it a bit manually,
then using the delayed track to open the gate on the actual track?

cheers
S.

Sounds awesome Lasse! I love the guitars rawness and how you get such a clear drums sound without replacement. Very great work!

p.s.
When you said "advanced time" for the trigger hits you mean that the hits are shifted earlier, right?

Thanks a lot for doing that video. I never would have thought to copy and advance a track to use it as a key input. I always worried about being too drastic with my EQing, but after seeing how radical you EQ'd your drums I felt a lot better. Is there any way we can sticky the video?

The singer reminds me a bit of a mixture of Lemmy and the guy from LOG..

Agreed. Lemmy was the first thing I thought of when I heard the vocals.

Very nice mix. Snare verb sounds a bit too noticeable for my tastes from 1:40 to the guitar solo, but that's really the only thing I can think of that stands out.

Just stumbled over this thread. Lasse, thank you very much for that video! Even if it's shaky, it's very interesting for me!

This song has attitude out the ass. The mix is pretty awesome, as well. The drums sound awesome as well.