Thrash!

:lol: How'd i know that this faggot was going to be the first one to respond? "LOOK, A FEW BLACK METALY CHORDS... THAT EQUATES TO BLACK METAL RIFFS AND MAKES THEM A BLACKENED THRASH BAND!!!" lololll

Not surprised, considering you were one of the morons that said they were a black/thrash band years ago when your FIRST heard them. The same moron who said Protest the Hero were a technical thrash band, and the same twat that said Destroy Erase Improve is a technical thrash album. Oh yeah and fucking FORESTS OF LEGEND was the Vektor song you namedropped as black/thrash, you remember? :lol: You know what, im just going steer as FAR AWAY from you as possible on this one.

edit: As far as Elements goes ... lol, you're one of the TWELVE fucking people who voted against technical death metal here. No wonder you're constantly trying to prove everyone wrong when it comes the labeling of that album. Just give up already.
https://rateyourmusic.com/rgenre/set?album_id=33966

Nah, no black metal elements whatsoever. Maybe the vox sound BM-ish to some people? I dunno. But yeah i think i've came across one or two people(both of them on these boards, not surprisingly) that referred to them as black/thrash ... which is quite honestly mindblowing.

edit: https://www.facebook.com/VektorOffi....233394.58352991820/10152876518856821/?type=1

.. siiick.

Yeah, I'm preordering that album and shirt when available.

As far as their BM elements, yeah, the vocals somewhat. There aren't many other thrash bands with vocals like that, but quite a few black or black/thrash bands. A few of the guitar riffs are tremolo picked, like some of the riffs in Tetrastructural Minds for example (has some black drum beats and such too).

But yeah as I said, Technical Thrash first and foremost, some black/extreme/prog elements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sirjack
I dig both bands, but they're nothing special. And neither of em are in the same league as Vektor, let alone the same ballpark.

Also, Destroyer 666 > Aura Noir, in just about every possible way.

Did you like the last Nocturnal release? I thought it was pretty fucking solid.

I prefer Aura Noir over Destroyer666 myself but that's not exactly a disagreement between you and I that I'd argue over strongly, because Destroyer666 are fucking killer.
I don't care that much about Vektor though, something about the second album lost me, but I do own it and do plan on giving it a few more tries.

The latest Nocturnal was good shit, they can do no wrong by me.

You definitely should check it, ASAP. I think it's better then their first one, guitar work, vocals, drums... That album sounds pretty much how I think modern thrash should sound.

I just checked this track out, not for me personally but not the worst thing I've heard.

I'm not much of a technical Metal fan, unlike Krow I don't put it down to a short attention span though :lol: if it was that I'd never be able to listen to Reverend Bizarre as much as I do, technical-centric bands tend to produce music with elements that I don't like, especially when it comes to production, it's no coincidence that rawness and technicality are rarely partnered up on a record.

My idea of modern Thrash is shit like Körgull The Exterminator's Metal Fist Destroyer, that's my shit.

@ Baroque: i hear absolutely no black metal in that track, none, zero. A few melodic chords doesn't equate to black metal.

Also, tremolo picking isnt exclusive to a certain sub genre. That's also what some people love bringing up when arguing what is and isn't death metal. Same goes for blast beats. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

edit: Yeah their vox are the only thing that comes to mind i guess. Maybe some people hear a few shrieks and think its black metal? I dunno. He definitely has a style of his own, but i wouldnt say it would be labeled under black metal. The guy gets high as fuck in most of his tracks.

re Baroque. i hear absolutely no black metal in that track, none, zero. A few melodic chords doesn't equate to black metal.

Also, tremolo picking isnt exclusive to a certain sub genre. That's also what some people love bringing up when arguing what is and isn't death metal. Same goes for blast beats. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

I'd consider this song by Skeletonwitch a black/thrash song, do you agree?

It has a lot of the same elements as that Vektor song. Tremolo riffs, higher pitched chord, similar vocal styles and drum beats etc. The Vektor song is a lot more technical, and better, sure...

People call all kinds of shit black metal that isn't. Have you ever heard Blood Ritual by Samael? Why the fuck people call that beast of an osdm album black metal, I'll never understand.

I'd consider this song by Skeletonwitch a black/thrash song, do you agree?

im sorry but no. That was more of a thrash/melodeath song than anything. And Skeletonwitch would be a perfect example of a thrash band that has black metal vox( as compared to Vektor, edited my last post). Their music itself is melodic thrash that sometimes falls in the lines of melodeath or melodic black. Very different sound from Vektor. Their vocal styles are nowhere near similar imo, and like i said tremolo picking and those chords are not exclusive to black metal bro.

Destroyer 666 are the definition of what a black/thrash - blackened thrash abnd is supposed to sound like.

Some black thrash I like. Maybe some speed metal mixed in

Black/thrash
Ketzer

Cruel Force

Nocturnal Graves

Witchtrap

Satan's Wrath

Mordant

Chapel

Intoxicated

Midnight and Toxic Holocaust rule, I myself also really like Whipstriker, Barbatos, Abigail, Bulldozing Bastard, Omega (from Greece), Tiger Junkies, Germ Bomb, Children of Technology, Inepsy, Bastardator, Töxik Death, Condor, Infant Death, Wastelander, Atomic Roar, Iron Fist (L.A.), Gatekrashör, Speedboozer, Fuck 'n Drink, Blüdwulf, Manacle, Shitfucker, Nuke (Detroit) and a bunch more Black/Speed/Thrash/Punk bands, this kinda shit is probably my favourite after true Doom and old school epic/Power Metal.