Thrash!

Eh, alot of thrash sounds plain and I guess Chris proved that sure theres a good amount of thrash bands but it all depends on what your into. If you like bands lke Powermad and Tankard, you like the plain feel. If you like bands like Metallica, Overkill, Living Sacrifice, Defleshed and Death Angel, then your into a more interchangable style.

Eh, alot of thrash sounds plain and I guess Chris proved that sure theres a good amount of thrash bands but it all depends on what your into. If you like bands lke Powermad and Tankard, you like the plain feel. If you like bands like Metallica, Overkill, Living Sacrifice, Defleshed and Death Angel, then your into a more interchangable style.

Stop making all these presumptuous statements about what people listen to. It makes you come off as a pretentious cunt (not to mention an idiot who clearly has no clue what he's talking about).

Stop making all these presumptuous statements about what people listen to. It makes you come off as a pretentious cunt (not to mention an idiot who clearly has no clue what he's talking about).

It's quite obvious... How can I make it more obvious unless you never listened to those bands. ffs. Not all thrash metal is clearly the fucking same is what im saying.

Sieges Even's debut "Life Cycle" is in the vein of Watchtower's "Control And Resistance". The albums they released afterwards are still very technical, but they aren't thrash anymore, some even aren't metal anymore.

Toxik (especially "Think This")
Mekong Delta
Hexenhaus (at least to a certain extent)

np: Hexenhaus - "Phobia"

Thanks !

Your statement of "if you're into x band you're probably into x style" just sounded pretentious to me.

Ok let me break it down for you... Master of puppets by metallica. Pure thrash great song... Then we have lets go for a more modern song... Soulless by Death Angel. They sound quite a bit different to me and they are indeed both in the thrash genre. One sounds more general towards the genre as i would put master of puppets due to the aggressive style of vocals and guitar. And as for Soulless theres is an aggressive sound however its a bit more progressive than ordinary thrash metal. Now a days a thrash band is either very aggressive and down right heavy such as Exodus, Dublin Death Patrol, or Evile, and then you have a more lighter variety of thrash metal such as Death Angel, Metallica, and Metal Church. Yes at one point Thrash use to be down right aggressive but now its a bit more mixed up. It's alot more different now. And back then I guess there was probably a very rare variety of not so aggressive thrash bands. But then again it can be mixed up like I stated earlier wiht Living Sacrifice. I think the example bands I listed before were more of a level of aggressiveness rather than the feel of it. Sorry about that.

some thrash is really heavy but boring and some thrash is kinda light but progressive.

i myself like thrash mostly heavy but slightly progressive

Ugh... Compare Death Angel's Dethroned or Soulless to Exodus' Children of a Worthless god for a different sound of thrash. And there you go. Thats what im trying to say.

Ok let me break it down for you... Master of puppets by metallica. Pure thrash great song... Then we have lets go for a more modern song... Soulless by Death Angel. They sound quite a bit different to me and they are indeed both in the thrash genre. One sounds more general towards the genre as i would put master of puppets due to the aggressive style of vocals and guitar. And as for Soulless theres is an aggressive sound however its a bit more progressive than ordinary thrash metal. Now a days a thrash band is either very aggressive and down right heavy such as Exodus, Dublin Death Patrol, or Evile, and then you have a more lighter variety of thrash metal such as Death Angel, Metallica, and Metal Church. Yes at one point Thrash use to be down right aggressive but now its a bit more mixed up. It's alot more different now. And back then I guess there was probably a very rare variety of not so aggressive thrash bands. But then again it can be mixed up like I stated earlier wiht Living Sacrifice. I think the example bands I listed before were more of a level of aggressiveness rather than the feel of it. Sorry about that.

Do you even think before posting or do you like to just type out a bunch of useless shit that makes no sense?

:rolleyes: It's kind of hard for me to explain. I prefer speaking rather than typing. It's all about the sound of the band. Thats the best way to compare. Also just for the hell of it, if your into thrash instrumentals, check out Mastery. I find their song structure to be pretty good in their songs; Opennings, endings, breakdowns, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea my bad. I kind of got a bit frustrated when Chris hit me in the face with all those thrash bands. I kinda wanted to sound smart. I mean... You understand now what I mean right. Theres certain things that aren't so easy to explain like the technical elements of a song for example. Are you guys into any Clutch at all btw? I find their material to be alright.

Yea my bad. I kind of got a bit frustrated when Chris hit me in the face with all those thrash bands. I kinda wanted to sound smart.

Piece of advice: Don't try to sound smart and just be who you are, people will find you much more likeable and you'll sound less like a jackass.

Piece of advice: Don't try to sound smart and just be who you are, people will find you much more likeable and you'll sound less like a jackass.

Listen to this individual. Seriously. Let it sink in. The tolerance for noobs around here is MUCH GREATER than the tolerance for people who try to appear to be what they are not or try too hard to seem like some kind of expert. Don't try to impress anybody. You will not become a superstar here, because nobody really is. But you can be respected for being real.

EDIT: A good start would be to read this thread and then post in it honestly:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/general-metal-discussion/455667-how-did-you-get-into-metal.html

...we all started somewhere sometime.