Thrash!

I think Epidemic Of Violence might be one of the best thrash albums of all time.

kanye-west-taylor-swift-speech_482x396.jpg

OF ALL TIME!

So the thrash page is on page 3 of the forums, this will not stand!

Someone just told me about a cool instrumental thrash band from Canada called Mastery, really good high energy stuff especially the drumming. Anyone else know them?

Yeah, I got their first (and so far only) album ages ago... It's pretty good. The drumming is indeed awesome. There are parts where you really feel it could do with some vocals though. Also the album only has 6 songs (and two live versions of previously included songs). But still nice to listen to sometimes!

Unfortunately half the line-up has changed I think, but the big news for them is that they're recording an album with Billy Milano on vocals, who was in Stormtroopers of Death...

No love for Nocturnal (Germany)? I like their two albums, Arrival of the Carnivore and Violent Revenge. Pretty good old school teutonic thrash with BM influences (they remind me a bit of Desaster).

I've been reading about Annihilator lately, they've been around for ages but fell off the radar after their first few albums. They have a new one out and it seems worth checking out, anyone have any opinions on these guys?

The first two are much better than average, but otherwise they are basically correct. The following two are actually pretty decent thrash-gone-mainstream metal if you're into that thing, and Carnival Diablos is fun in that campy Painkiller-clone kind of way as well. Outside of those five albums you can ignore the band, and only the first two really merit listening.

I'm a big fan of Alice In Hell and Never Neverland.

Can't really stomach anything after that...but I do think Joe Comeau fit the band's sound pretty well.

Armoros

The album "Pieces" never got released back in '88 like it was supposed to. Instead it floated around in the tape trading circuit.

Last edited by a moderator: