Thrash!

My all time favorite thrash bands are- Slayer, Evile, Nuclear Assualt, Artillary, Overkill, Annihilator, Warbringer, Metallica, Kreator, Exodus \m/ \m/ \m/

Actually I really dig that those last two songs are that long. It's brave... I can see why people wouldn't like it. But it works for me.

I bought this version of the album and it's fucking beautiful... Only 100 blue ones pressed (hand numbered #101 - #200) along with 100 green ones (#1-#100). I got #118. So pleased, it's the best bit of vinyl I've bought for years. Also comes with a free slipmat for your record player.
HA55012LPB.jpg

I like some new wave thrash. Vektor are obviously fucking amazing. Mutant are great, I like Evile, and Warpath's album too. And just heard Space-Eater's new album, really good, check it out... They're Serbian, the singer died in a fire last year but they took his voice from demo sessions for the album. It's really pretty good stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only irritating thing about Vektor is that the last two songs together total 20 min. Really too long for their own good. Luckily, Vektor has probably the coolest, most fucked up vocals I've heard in a while.

I would agree with this, the last two songs do go on a bit too long. But still doesn't detract too much from an incredible album, Asteroid is my personal favourite. And the vocals really are great, fit the music so well.

I am really enjoying Mortal Sin - Mayhemic Destruction right now, need to track it down on CD somewhere.

edit: Also, Torture Squad - Hellbound is so good:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only irritating thing about Vektor is that the last two songs together total 20 min. Really too long for their own good. Luckily, Vektor has probably the coolest, most fucked up vocals I've heard in a while.

Yeah, i like those Schmier-esque vocals.

Vektor, Warbringer, Hexen, Skeltonwitch are all great, Dekapitator isnt realuy that new but are also worth checking out ... and whats up with all the hating on Municipal Waste??? they'r great for what they are, a crossover band... and they are easily one of the best crossover thrash bands along with Blunt Force Trauma, Cross Examination isnt bad crossover either....Toxic Holocaust pretty good too if you like a little Crust mixed in with your thrash.

I saw MW live, and they are just as boring live. I used most of their set to wait in line for beer.

Do you get off on being full of shit? Like is it a fetish thing for you?

and no, a crossover thrash band dosnt need to have GREAT technique and good songwriting to sound good, like i said before, WTF did you guys expect from a crossover band?? you know, cuz we all know how technical and serious crossover is supposed top be :Spin:

and no, a crossover thrash band dosnt need to have GREAT technique and good songwriting to sound good, like i said before, WTF did you guys expect from a crossover band?? you know, cuz we all know how technical and serious crossover is supposed top be :Spin:

my intial point was that they suck even for a crossover band. Ive heard crossover with better technique ect. MW is just the bottom of the rung shitty thrash for people with really low standards for the genre.

Recently got:
Paradox - Collision Course
and
Paradox - Riot Squad

Listened to Riot Squad first, and it seemed to have moments of awesomeness, which give me hope for the album growing on me, but overall it didn't seem that great.

Collision Course, on the other hand, was immediately more appealing. It was more like, it had moments where I thought it was a little lame, but mostly it was great.