Thrash!

Let's discuss Slayer again.

Or...

rigormortis6br.jpg

You're not supposed to blab on the forum that you introduced me to bands that are supposed to be well-known and that, for all intents and purposes, I probably should have known about years ago but was too busy listening to slam and killing brain cells that I didn't know.

Slayers debut own all of their other albums. Blackned thrash win. I enjoy most of their other albums also, but overrated is overrated.

You're not supposed to blab on the forum that you introduced me to bands that are supposed to be well-known and that, for all intents and purposes, I probably should have known about years ago but was too busy listening to slam and killing brain cells that I didn't know.

I'm sorry! You found out all the details about them!

It's great. Definitely up there with Dimension Hatröss/Nothingface but with a twist all of its own, it's quite an achievement.

So I know I worship these guys a lot... But, some more shameless praise for Target Earth: This isn't one of those "comeback" albums that is "the best since X album" because X band hasn't released anything good since "that classic album"... It really goes the extra mile, heck I'm debating calling it their best ever.

It doesn't sound like a tired band 30 years into the career, churning out another "comeback" to please their fans. This is a veteran band hungry to prove that they've still got it, and they do - perhaps more than ever. In no way is this a disrespect to Piggy, tragic as his loss may be. Piggy is still with them in spirit, and his legacy is carried on with these recordings.

Leave it to Voivod to better themselves 13 albums in, after losing a key songwriter. I'll be surprised if anything tops it this year, let alone years to come. Gonna be a tough one to follow up for sure.

/fanboyism off. :Smokedev:

Been listening to Evil Army's s/t album alot lately,I don't usually listen to alot of thrash but these guys rule.I don't know of any others who do the D.R.I. crossover thing but this band does it very convincingly.

I'm really digging the new Voivod. It's so good that i'm tempted to go back and listen to some of their earlier albums that i didn't really like too much. Also, besides a couple tracks from Angel Rat, i haven't heard any of their stuff after Nothingface, i'm thinking i should change that.