Thread about luck

I

Ivo

Do you consider yourself as a lucky persons?
Speaking of myself - I consider myself as very unlucky... if I have some luck - it seems to me that I have to suffer a huge unlucky periods in order to deserve that luck...
Tell me what do you think...

You have to be more specific. What is luck to you? Kids in Africa would consider themselves very lucky if they found an old piece of bread to eat. All I'm saying is that we "Westerners" (what a ridiculous word) are very lucky just to live where we live. Anyway, maybe that's not the point here. You might have had other (very serious) problems that I'm not aware of so I can't judge your "amount" of luck. Personally speaking I don't think I'm either lucky or unlucky. We make our luck lads.... Don't forget that.

at tijmes i have felt unlucky when i had things thrown at me that no one else seemed to get..but,having toured with antimatter and met such nice people, and playing all those wonderful songs, i feel like ONE LUCKY BASTARD!:D

Originally posted by sol83
You have to be more specific. What is luck to you? Kids in Africa would consider themselves very lucky if they found an old piece of bread to eat. All I'm saying is that we "Westerners" (what a ridiculous word) are very lucky just to live where we live. Anyway, maybe that's not the point here. You might have had other (very serious) problems that I'm not aware of so I can't judge your "amount" of luck. Personally speaking I don't think I'm either lucky or unlucky. We make our luck lads.... Don't forget that.
No I don't think that we make our luck... in example when I start a new job I always have incredibly heavy times adapting myself to it... always it's me that's ripped off...and stuff like that...
It seems to me that luck is something that searches equality between positive and negative - but in some ppl the negative is always like wining...
And I just feel it that way...

AH , wanna talk about luck ?
Yesterday night i 've been attacked by some wankers in the street , and me & me friend got beaten up ~ 1 night in hospital.
Apart of the kinda bothering thing that is to be attacked , i was supposed to have one hell of a fun in Belgium this week end , and see the gathering live.
plans fucked up ~
Today , me head fucken hurts and my i learned my friend had a kinda serious wound in the eye due to the last night bastards ~
Fuck it ~
1 hour ago one of me neighbour rang at my door , telling me she and my next-door-neighboor have their door completely smashed and that they got robbered...i checked my door and there was some claws and a sticker on the peephole ~ When they tried i was taking my bath , doors open , listening to some music ~
Fuck it ~

Now i'm wondering if i have a little good star up on me or if on the contrary been dead unlucky ~

Damn , there's still a few hour until tomorrow , i should check my fire alarm system :)

Originally posted by pagan2002
having toured with antimatter and met such nice people, and playing all those wonderful songs, i feel like ONE LUCKY BASTARD!:D
definetely i'm not lucky as i wasn't able to see any of antimatter gigs, and most probably i'll never will. :cry:

Originally posted by Sopel
definetely i'm not lucky as i wasn't able to see any of antimatter gigs, and most probably i'll never will. :cry:
is it coz you're from Poland?

Originally posted by Ivo
is it coz you're from Poland?
yes, exactly. nothing i can do. i'm too poor to go and see antimatter (or anathema) abroad. and somehow they don't come to poland.
frankly, i'm sick of it when i hear about another gigs in holland, belgium or france (now i'm saying both about anathema and antimatter).
i believed that they would play here in my homeland, but hope is now gone.

yes, exactly. nothing i can do. i'm too poor to go and see antimatter (or anathema) abroad. and somehow they don't come to poland.
frankly, i'm sick of it when i hear about another gigs in holland, belgium or france (now i'm saying both about anathema and antimatter).
well I'm from bulgaria, so I have the same problems...hope one day will meet them on stage...but will see

Sopel , i dont want to make you hope and stuff , but i'm working on an eventual Antimatter gig in Poland ... It's on its way ...So dont give up !
Of course only the band will see if its possible or not , but me and a friend from Warsaw are ready to bring them there ;)

Originally posted by Lenore
Sopel , i dont want to make you hope and stuff , but i'm working on an eventual Antimatter gig in Poland ... It's on its way ...So dont give up !
Of course only the band will see if its possible or not , but me and a friend from Warsaw are ready to bring them there ;)
if you can bring them here in Varna I'll buy you a drink:) :D

there's no luck, no coincidences. it's all written, it's all meant and supposed to be the way it is. blame it on your fate :cry:

Originally posted by moody
there's no luck, no coincidences. it's all written, it's all meant and supposed to be the way it is. blame it on your fate :cry:
i don't agree with you. most things depend on coincidence. a bit depends on us. actually, fate is series of coincideces. some of them depens on us, some of them not. blah.

Originally posted by moody

I don't agree either. If it's all written down then we might as well do nothing in our lives since we can't change anything, right? We shouldn't try to do well at school, get a good job, find a decent person to live with,etc., since it's all gonna happen a certain way that we can't change. If I believed in that I'd have wasted meself long ago....

i think coincidences are pure poetry and luck is brain wanking. even by doing a conscious change, that means that things surrounding you have been set up for you to make that conscious change. i know, i'm a bit ruining that life poetry emotional intellectuals are fond of, but that's just my opinion tho.

I believe in acting. Some things you do, some ones you don't. Your actions create your future.

Originally posted by sol83
I believe in acting. Some things you do, some ones you don't. Your actions create your future.

i think you've been set up to do this actions. i think your environement puts you in that situation that makes you do these actions. you know what i mean?