Thread where you talk about music you like

BloodSugarSexMagic is the only album by them I like.

Mother's Milk is good as well. But yeah everything after BloodSugar has sucked large amounts.

RHCP is one of the most overrated bands in existence and Flea is a sloppy bass player

Flea is a ten times better bass player than Anthony Kiedis is a singer. Seriously the guy has no talent. The video they did for the making of BloodSugar (Funky Munks) shows just how bad his ear is. He's basically tone deaf.

I really like Queensryche, I know its cliche, but I really love silent lucidity, My mother used to play that on guitar and sing it for me when I was a little tyke....... In my opinion I think hip-hop is more musical than rap..

that is because Silent Lucidity is a well written, excellent song, with a great message and top shelf vocal performance. Empire was a piece of work.

you could not have been more right my friend! :worship:

I despise his bass playing. When other people I know tell me he was their inspiration to take up bass (my cousin for example) I have to point, laugh, and walk away.

Geddy Lee was my inspiration for playing bass. I love that guy! :headbang:

Geddy Lee was my inspiration in a way. Steve Harris too.

I would have to say, Jaco Pasturious, or some of those random black guys you here on records. ( not racist)

JACO KICKS ASS!! :kickass:

Start an underground rock thread and recommend some shit then.

I don't hate RHCP and some of the older shit is okay, but the newer shit is just bland.

RHCP pretty much suck yeah. Their guitarist John Frusciante is the only real talent in the group. He released a bunch of solo material (kind of lo-fi singer/songwriter rock stuff) which is actually very worthwhile.

You can listen to some stuff on his MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/johnfrusciantemusic

In my opinion I think hip-hop is more musical than rap..

Rap and Hip-Hop are the same thing. What the word "Rap" meant was just the vocal part of Hip-Hop. The whole poetry in motion thing. Rap over instruments was called Rap music and Hip-Hop. Rap music was shortened to just Rap. I could be wrong, I read this in a book. And books can be wrong.

Rap and Hip-Hop are the same thing. What the word "Rap" meant was just the vocal part of Hip-Hop. The whole poetry in motion thing. Rap over instruments was called Rap music and Hip-Hop. Rap music was shortened to just Rap. I could be wrong, I read this in a book. And books can be wrong.

Yeah, I got some friends that only like hip hop and rap, and I asked one of them and they only said "Rap is like, about stupid shit like most now aday rap, Hip-hop is more serious stuff, but mainly the beat is what makes it hip-hop", Also as an urban artist, I find that hip-hop is mostly found in the "graffiti scene"

I've been on an industrial, industrial rock, and industrial metal kick lately...some of my favorites

Skinny Puppy
ohGr
Big Black
Foetus
Nitzer Ebb
Einsturzende Neubauten
Coil
Ministry
Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
KMFDM
Die Form
Gary Numan
Front 242
Frontline Assembly
Suicide Commando
White Zombie
Killing Joke
Kidneythieves
Revolting Cocks

and of course there's the originals...Throbbing Gristle, Chrome, Suicide, etc, but that's not really the type of sound I'm talking about here.

that's enough for now. good shit.

I`m a huge fan of AOR and Hard rock, and some of those bands I like are:
Dare, Giant, Survivor, Fortune, Unruly child(W/Mark Free), Mark Free(now Marcie Free) solo album, King Kobra, Strangeways, Atlantic, Arc Angel, Cannata, Khymera, Work of Art, W.E.T., H.E.A.T, Ice Tiger, Zinatra, Robby Valentine, Skagarack, 220 Volt, Le Mans, Glory, Alias, FM, Tobruk.... And a lot more.

Been infatuated with Queen's early 70s albums again. Especially their second one Queen II-ah, what greatness!
The March of the Black Queen is simply amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't usually like this music ( indie/dream pop ) but this song is great!

Any way you run, you run before us
Black and white horse
Arching among us.

Last edited by a moderator: