Threshold Return!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
With a new Threshold album on the horizon and after viewing some recent live videos of the band in the Netherlands (playing classics like Eat The Unicorn and Consume To Live), I think this band deserves a return in a headliner position.

They have to be one of the top prog metal bands in the world and boy was I excited to see them last time at PP with Damian. I know things got a little crazy with the dancer on stage, but my friends and I loved every bit of it!

Hey Glenn, a returning headliner show would make me a first time sponsor baby! Truly one of the all time greats in the genre and I'm sure their new album with Damian back on board will not dissapoint one bit:headbang:

http://youtu.be/9tEeGXsxk2Q

Hopefully this link works; if not, go you tube it:kickass:

Wilson is a good singer for those who like him, but God I miss Mac...

I just hope the new album will be a continuation of the Dead Reckoning style, and not a switch back to the more proggy style of the early Wilson albums...

I know things got a little crazy with the dancer on stage, but my friends and I loved every bit of it!

I'm new to this story, but a friend of mine told me a while back that they brought some kind of dancer up on stage and she got pretty risque and alot of people were up in arms about it? Makes me laugh that jacking your guitar off with a butt dildo is acceptable but when a woman shows some skin everyone run to the hills.

I'm new to this story, but a friend of mine told me a while back that they brought some kind of dancer up on stage and she got pretty risque and alot of people were up in arms about it? Makes me laugh that jacking your guitar off with a butt dildo is acceptable but when a woman shows some skin everyone run to the hills.

This.

Threshold is so has been. You can't be a good progressive band today without 80% death vocals and/or Beauty & Beast sound. :D

lulz. There's truth there in that you can't really be progressive if your sound doesn't progress but still, nice one.

:lol:...nice!

~Brian~

While I have had a hard time getting into every single Threshold album, I am looking forward to hearing what they can do with Damian back in the band. Subsurface and Dead Reckoning were strong albums. I wouldn't mind seeing them at ProgPower once again, but definitely not as a headliner. I don't think they're enough of a name to pull in people.

Been waiting for something new from the boys for a WHILE

Will be interesting to hear new material with Damian

Dead Reckoning was damn solid but I find myself liking Subsurface more actually. Of their latest stuff, I find that album almost perfect

Nobody jacked off their guitar with a butt dildo. IA was using said dildo during an audience participation segment of their set.... You're just JEALOUS! :lol: :Smokedev:

Wilson is a good singer for those who like him, but God I miss Mac...

I gotta agree with this. No dis on Wilson, but Mac kicked ass the brief time he was with the band. Always liked his voice....

Nobody jacked off their guitar with a butt dildo. IA was using said dildo during an audience participation segment of their set.... You're just JEALOUS! :lol: :Smokedev:

Haha you bet your ass I'm jealous. No question. He's a monster player and FK is awesome, and butt dildos rule... Uh I mean what?

Haha you bet your ass I'm jealous. No question. He's a monster player and FK is awesome, and butt dildos rule... Uh I mean what?

If you're anywhere near Chicago in the next 2.5 weeks, he'll be doing a clinic at a music school on May 15... Don't know if he'll have the butt dildo, but the clip of the petrified bull penis (think Chopstick Boogie) is even more alarming :Smokedev:

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion....... Was at one time a huge Treshold fan, they were never lower than my top 3rd (KAMELOT SYMPHONY X)band. I still love them very much, but only with Mac on vocals. I have tried to like Wounded Land & Extinct Instinct but always get let down with his singing. I just don't care that much for Damien's voice with them.Was hoping they would have searched for a new singer altogether or have gotten Glynn Morgan, who is a better singer and fit for them.They will never be the same in my book. With that said I will still give the new one a try, if only for the music itself. Has far has thier PP performance I walked out before I saw that happened. Dissapointed :(

I'll be the dissenting opinion on this one. I though "Pilot in the Sky of Dreams" was a boring CD, and far more mainstream/unexceptional than anything they had done previously.

Also, as much as I like Mac, Wilson is so much better a singer, that there's no comparison in my book. I'll take Wilson over Mac singing in any band, any day. But that's just my opinion.