Thunderstone -- the forgotten set?

You see? Flight of Ideas. Classic schizophrenia.

Welcome to the Real!! :D

me, too, I felt that Thunderstone didn't quite receive the appreciation they deserved - maybe due to bad timing / signing session or whatever. And just like Jorn, Pasi unfortunately isn't a hell of a stage actor - they simply don't know how to "grab" the audience!

Still, next to Evergrey and Jorn, they were one of the bands we came for, and I liked them a lot! :headbang:

2 -- In response to bands that don't "wow" you...I didn't really give a crap about VD (to me, their albums are "eh")...but I stuck around for their set...and it was totally kick ass...totally proved me wrong about the band. Still wouldn't buy their albums, but would totally check them out live again, and, more importantly, recommend them to friends who would be inclined toward their style of music.
There are many bands, who after seeing them live, I've become fans of or bigger fans of. However, that only happens when I find the band either mildly appealing or "don't get" their music.

You see? Flight of Ideas. Classic schizophrenia.
LOL.

Zod

Thunderstone was definitely what ProgPower need for a 3rd slot on saturday! It was a great set, which I watched entirely, and was able to sit down and relax during it. They did an outstanding job!!!

Sure... in his better moments, the vocalist reminds me of Jorn... who in and of himself is far from original (has he ever been sued by David Coverdale for Whitesnaking without a license?).
Zod

LOL! A new verb has been added to the English language - "Whitesnaking". That's too funny!

I really liked Thunderstone and was more impressed with them live then from the songs I had listened to before the fest.

Thunderstone, to me, represents an element that should be present at every ProgPower. Sure, they arent the oddball, the reunion, or the big headliner, and they probably won't shock/surprise anyone. They arent extreme cheese or amazingly technical or progressive. They are just straight-forward metal with catchy hooks, heavy riffs, solid vocals and increasingly improved songwriting with each album.

That said, I really enjoyed their entire set. Their music sounded a bit raw and stripped down in comparison to every other band there, which I thought was quite refreshing. They mixed up their set quite nicely and covered most of what I wanted to hear, with exceptions of Another Time, Wasted Years cover, and I was hoping they'd close with The Last Song. Great band, great set. Would love to see them return.

I agree completely. Much like Pink Cream 69 did at Progpower VI and much like Cloudscape SHOULD do at an upcoming Progpower.

Thunderstone was great! Good Energy, Melodic, Heavy, & Return to Innocence is an amazing song. I would love to see this band play ProgPower again.

Return to Innocence is the best song to try and sing along with, cuz you know you can't but the song kicks ass. :yell: That's anyone trying to sing Return to Innocence after the key change, you know what I'm talkin about