Tim Buckley

hibernal_dream

A Mind Forever Voyaging
Jul 10, 2001
Grave with a view
Many of you claiming diverse tastes, I figured this would be the best place to find out about this 60s/70s musician. I've only heard Lorca, and it was so different from pop around the time without going for just flat-out weirdness like Captain Beefheart, although it is very avant-garde indeed. I've only given it a few listens, but there doesn't seem to be many recognizable riffs or time signature as such - the music just drifts with Tim's voice holding it all together. While these factors makes the music much less accessible, I find the format interesting. Thoughts?

liked what i heard from Tim, the happy sad album, it was a nice listen but i wasn't too impressed...ttynl i'm completely gay for his son, :luv Jeff: :eek:fftopic:~*`'`*~

From what I've heard Tim Buckley, back in the "older" days was good. Hibernal, your initial post is a good synopsis of T. Buckley. His son Jeff, is just fuckin' amazing, with that otherwordly voice, but, you knew that already. I could never understand how "Captain Beefheart" ever got a record deal, let alone any praise. If your taking "window pane acid" and been drinking for 7 days. ya, his music is tolerable.

From what I've heard Tim Buckley, back in the "older" days was good. Hibernal, your initial post is a good synopsis of T. Buckley. His son Jeff, is just fuckin' amazing, with that otherwordly voice, but, you knew that already. I could never understand how "Captain Beefheart" ever got a record deal, let alone any praise. If your taking "window pane acid" and been drinking for 7 days. ya, his music is tolerable.

I've never heard Jeff, but I'm under the impression he's a bit more accessible rock/pop than Tim. I like Captain Beefheart, given that he's more experimental than most pop and given that I find most pop dead boring. That some people can mistake him (and Tim) for noise is actually really appealing to me.