The Dimmu Borgir Thread

Best Album

• Total voters
Ive never been a massive fan of the band, but never understand why they are beeing hated so much either. When im in the mood for some symphonic black metal they are my number one choice for sure.

Ive never been a massive fan of the band, but never understand why they are beeing hated so much either. When im in the mood for some symphonic black metal they are my number one choice for sure.

The band becomes an easy target once it combines some obviously cheesy elements with 'popularity'. Other more obscure bands who sound nearly-identical don't catch as much shit simply due to the fact that they aren't nearly as popular.

I voted Stormblåst. I don't like anything after Enthrone. I used to be a huge fan, but I still mostly listened to the first three+PEM.

Ironically, the 'new' Stormblåst is my least favourite Dimmu release. I thought it was trash even when I was a big fan.

Ive been a fan of Dimmu as long as Ive been listening to Metal. Some albumbs I dont listen to as much as others, but on the whole I like this band, always have.

As far as least favorite album, it would have to be Death Cult...Never could get into it...Everything else I dig. Especially, Enthrone Darkness Tiumphant, Spiritual Black Dimensions and Stormblast.

The band becomes an easy target once it combines some obviously cheesy elements with 'popularity'. Other more obscure bands who sound nearly-identical don't catch as much shit simply due to the fact that they aren't nearly as popular.

:)
Where were you when I was hammering this point?You could've explained that in less opaque terms.
Oh, wait you don't have an ObscureInfinity- sound-alike hounding you for everything you say.:lol:

:)
Where were you when I was hammering this point?You could've explained that in less opaque terms.
Oh, wait you don't have an ObscureInfinity- sound-alike hounding you for everything you say.:lol:

You act like I just pick on you for the sake of giving you a hard time. Also, you didn't really "hammer" your point at all.

@ Thot-Amon, I can't really think of any black metal band that sound like Dimmu Borgir that I like. I don't generally like when bands place more emphasis on symphonic orchestration than riff-work. Once again, nothing to do with popularity.

No, I've come to the conclusion that cases built around personal preferences are unhammerable.
I was hoping for some order in the world, but unfortunately everything is random.Opinions are random with no conceivable internal logic, other than what you construct for yourself.

Well you were trying to make an objective claim surrounding why people don't like Dimmu Borgir so that was hardly related to personal preference.

As a whole, no. I like all of the songs on Whisper Supremacy.

This is true. After that, the whole album falls apart for me.

Some of the best songs on the album are on the second half... Blazing Monoliths; Insight; Arcane; Grotesquery... fuck actually I think the second half is stronger than the first.

Yeah I think every song on SBD is perfect, which is why at the time I voted for SBD. As of right now, I cannot decide whether or not I prefer SBD or EDT. SBD i believe is the the most dark and evil album. EDT has has it's dark and evil moments but also has a lot more emotion. I think EDT is the most powerful album.