time for another album?????

nick1158

New Metal Member
May 6, 2003
now that the new album has been out for a few weeks and it pretty much has not left my cd player (actually its been sharing time with the new children of bodom disc), i feel like ive been listening to it forever. does anyone else feel this way? and now that i realize it will be years before new material comes out, it is kindof depressing. it is such an exciting time the few weeks before and after a new album comes out, but i always get this letdown period afterwards. kinda like christmas. does this make sense or am i nuts?

I agree. I am trying to bide the time woth any live recordings I can find. I love it when the play things besides the "Normal" set list. Come to think of it its time for more beer.

I agree about the x-mas analogy. Well, has anyone heard of apple's new 99cent download a song?? Well, there's this band. An elecric pop duo that isn't selling jack shit in the stores, yet on this new internet store, they're in the top 10. They've made alot of money from it being downloaded. Apple wasn't expecting this much of a turn out. All it took for the band was for their people to make the right phone calls to the people at this "store" to promote their shit and it sells. They're saying the a small percentage of people use imacs and only 20percent of them have the proper requirements to use this service, yet people have been using it like crazy. Remember back in the day when they had singles??? They're pretty much gone now. It's just not economical to promote a single with a song, the radio edit of that single, a remix, and a b-side for seven bucks.

With this new service, the single is back. 99cents with no bullshit.

Everyone is hopping on the bandwagon. Look up a full depth article on this on Washingtongpost.com in the business section of today's edition.

The cool thing about this is, which makes it thread related, is that bands don't have to make a full concept album. They can just release a song at a time. Which is basically what anthrax did with Superhere, then refused, then what doesn't die, then safe home. Anthrax basically realeased three or four of their songs before they came out. Could you imagine if they were on this service with the proper promotion. I mentioned something about this service when I first heard about it. It's probably way back in the archives. It seemed far fetched at the time but so far it's been an absolute success.