Time to give back! Need feedback though ;-)

Before you go developing anything, remember that people always have a tendency to say "Oh, that'd be like totallyawsometacular!" Then no one really uses it after the 1st week. Hence why I'm playing it safe building a personal reference site I don't mind sharing with people.

Before you go developing anything, remember that people always have a tendency to say "Oh, that'd be like totallyawsometacular!" Then no one really uses it after the 1st week. Hence why I'm playing it safe building a personal reference site I don't mind sharing with people.

I know, I sort of handle it the same.
I want to do this for myself in the first place, like with all the samples all over the place it is hard to keep track...

If nobody uses it afterwards I don't mind, I will still entertain it, so in any case it is a win-win situation, be it just for me or for everybody :)

I know that I will be using it pretty rigorously, posting more of my tutorials and approaches to how I do things (mixes, tones equipment etc etc) without feeling guilty of clogging up the forums and I know most of the tutorials that are already posted will be there as well. With the ability to post whole articles finding chapters of the Acoustic Drums for metal will be a lot easier without the many pages of comments. With all the samples loaded for drums impulses programs etc without having broken links will also be a huge plus. It will be the go to place for samples rather having many threads trying to achieve a sample conservatory that usually fails. All the stuff can be placed in one spot and everyone can add theirs to the list. Depending on the ratings, the better ones can be right up on top and the lower ones can be further down in the list so that you don't have to search harder for useful information.

We could also have a section for professional relationships. People offering their reamping (categorized by amps and cabs), drum replacement/programing (SD2.0, SS3, DFH, AD, MF) and synth work. Also mixing and mastering work can be advertised and what have you. Then we can have a list of people offering that kind of work so that the other members could collaborate.

We could also have a directory of internet collaborations, tone contests etc etc.

I know, I sort of handle it the same.
I want to do this for myself in the first place, like with all the samples all over the place it is hard to keep track...

If nobody uses it afterwards I don't mind, I will still entertain it, so in any case it is a win-win situation, be it just for me or for everybody :)

Yeah, that's why I went for a simple Wordpress solution. I'm a web dev, but why re-invent the wheel?! :D
Took <5 mins to setup Wordpress and I'm already getting content up onto the site! I'm sure this will mean we'll be leeching content off eachother! :lol:

I know that I will be using it pretty rigorously, posting more of my tutorials and approaches to how I do things (mixes, tones equipment etc etc) without feeling guilty of clogging up the forums and I know most of the tutorials that are already posted will be there as well. With the ability to post whole articles finding chapters of the Acoustic Drums for metal will be a lot easier without the many pages of comments. With all the samples loaded for drums impulses programs etc without having broken links will also be a huge plus. It will be the go to place for samples rather having many threads trying to achieve a sample conservatory that usually fails. All the stuff can be placed in one spot and everyone can add theirs to the list. Depending on the ratings, the better ones can be right up on top and the lower ones can be further down in the list so that you don't have to search harder for useful information.

We could also have a section for professional relationships. People offering their reamping (categorized by amps and cabs), drum replacement/programing (SD2.0, SS3, DFH, AD, MF) and synth work. Also mixing and mastering work can be advertised and what have you. Then we can have a list of people offering that kind of work so that the other members could collaborate.

We could also have a directory of internet collaborations, tone contests etc etc.

I like the way this guy thinks