TM and something more.. :)

LadyMordeth

Mar 25, 2002
Tønsberg-Norway
TM have done many albums, but why aren`t they more famous??!
I just don`t get that.. Those 2 last one`s are so good :)
I know a few who really likes the music TM do, but sadly never been on a concert with them.
My wish now (off course) is that they get they`r asses down here ;) so they can show ppl how good they are!

I just have to bend over..kiss the ground and admit..sweden have some really great bands :)

Yeah, it's strange that they're not more "famous"...they always released great records and got good reviews (at least here in Germany).

When it comes to touring.....well, I know next to nothing about music business, that "behind the scenes", but I think they were never given enough chances to do a proper tour.
I only had the chance to see them twice so far... (missed Wacken though).....and between those two gigs lay 7 (!) years.
I'd love to see them again :cry:
I don't know how often they did play in Sweden..? Does anyone have info on this? Guess I have to travel to Sverige then.. (I'm sure Silkie will join me....or I'll join her :D ). I love Sweden anyway :)

Why are Tad Morose not more famous? Clearly, their music is superior to so much of the more well known crap that is out there. So why? We call it "push". You can call it promotion, including touring. What TM really need is to get a support gig on a major tour. You know you can't count on traditional radio ro TV, so the only way for people to hear the music is via a live gig. If they were to open for a major, say Iron Maiden or someone at that level, the exposure would be huge. They also need to come to the USA, Florida in particular. Ok, that last one was a personal request. But seriously, it's going to be the live gig that makes or breaks the band. When Angel Dust came over last year, I was hearing a lot of "Who the fuck is Angel Dust" before the gig. After their set, the CDs started flying off of the merchandise table. Their US fan base expanded big time as a result of that tour.

Absolutely true Scott. Playing live is such an important thing for metal bands!
I liked your example with Angel Dust btw. Last week Dirk from AD said that they are already selling more records in the US than over here.

Holy shit! AD is selling more in the US than in Germany? Well, then, they'd better get back over here and tour again!

But seriously, it was so cool to see the audience freak out over the band. It's amazing how much progress can be made during a 30 minute set.

Originally posted by Scott B
Holy shit! AD is selling more in the US than in Germany? Well, then, they'd better get back over here and tour again!

But seriously, it was so cool to see the audience freak out over the band. It's amazing how much progress can be made during a 30 minute set.

About AD's sales: yeah, I was wondering as well......maybe Dirk was only a bit too excited about the response they're getting in the US and that made him say that. I have no idea how many records they sell at all.

Btw..if you like AD join us on the AD board *hint* ;)