TMNT

Dec 27, 2004
K, so, theres clearly a lot of people that watch 80's-90's cartoon's in a very ironic sense. Heman and Thundercats come to mind.

I just want to say that TMNT is one cartoon from that era that can be watched completely free of irony. Its just sweet. Also, much of Transformers as well.

I must admit, the excitement I felt when I got the first season of the Transformers cartoon was NOT matched when I watched it.

TMNT as a cartoon was never that good, even back then. The arcade game however, one of the greatest things in HISTORY.

All memories of TMNT are pretty stained by the Ninja, Ninja Rap man. I can't help it.

Oh but the Gameboy game was pretty cool too. Hooray, whole pizza, full life!

Apparently videogames are not affected by The Ice.

The Ninja Turtles comic was very dark and bizarre.

It had no "PIZZA!" or "Cowabunga!" bullshit.

April ran a junk shop.

The Foot were not robots.

Casey Jones showing up unexpectedly (it was his first appearance ever in the main title) to save the Turtles' asses from The Foot was the biggest "Cheer out loud for a comic book" moment I've ever had.

How somebody who liked this could ever possibly enjoy the cartoon or the movies is beyond me.

Transformers: The Movie was awesome. It was a serious sci-fi movie, not kiddie fare.

Fuck the two Ninja Turtles movies ruled. As far as memory serves, the show was fantastic too, but I haven't seen it in well over 15 years.

The Transformers movie was AMAZING. I didn't actually see it 'till last year though. What a fag.

Jim LotFP said:
The Ninja Turtles comic was very dark and bizarre.

It had no "PIZZA!" or "Cowabunga!" bullshit.

April ran a junk shop.

The Foot were not robots.

Casey Jones showing up unexpectedly (it was his first appearance ever in the main title) to save the Turtles' asses from The Foot was the biggest "Cheer out loud for a comic book" moment I've ever had.

How somebody who liked this could ever possibly enjoy the cartoon or the movies is beyond me.

Transformers: The Movie was awesome. It was a serious sci-fi movie, not kiddie fare.

Yea I was gonna mention the Comic in this thread. Not shit you see on Saturday morning, to say the least, haha.

Yeah I still watch and enjoy the piss out of the Transformers movie. That one definitely didn't fall under the "childhood nostalgia only" banner.

The transformers movie is pure class. (you've got touch!) stan bush is :hotjump:

That tmnt comic was pretty dark, i have it around here somewhere.
o and april o'neal was quite the looker (in the cartoon of course).

^feudal japan actually ;)

B00004YA6T.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

fuckkk yesss

TMNT comic ruled way better than the cartoon because is was an adult comic and the cartoon was made for little kids so it would be like comparing the Batman comic to that 60's Batman show with Adam West in it.

also

anything with ninja turtles in it -----> anything with any transformers in it