Tonight in Ft. Lauderdale

The show was fantastic. The pits were way more intense then previous Opeth shows Ive been to. During Deliverance I got either elbowed or punched in the jaw and I blacked out for a moment. Saw a bunch of colors and woke up on the floor. The sound was great, and the band was on fire. They played so much better then they did on progressive nation show in NYC.

Set list was (bit sketchy on the order)

1. Heir Apparent
2. The Grand Conjuration
3. Serenity Painted Death
4. Hope Leaves
5. The Lotus Eater
6. Bleak
7. The Night and Silent Water
8. Deliverance
9. Demon of The Fall
Encore: The Drapery Falls.

So Mike explained who the odd looking man is on the WS cover. Dont know if this is known but he said it was all their faces combined. I thought that was pretty cool.

High on Fire didnt make it to the show.
Baroness was really good.

The show was great, I have a new found respect for Axe. The drum work he did on TNASW was amazing. He really makes that song 10x better.

They played Bleak, not Baying. He didn't say anything about the curtain falling last time - a guy next to me mentioned that though. The pit bothered me - they were jumping up and down and bopping around like it was a god damned Hip-Hop show. Disgusting.

Awesome to finally see Serenity Painted Death. Lotus Eater destroyed too \m/

Argh, no Grand Conjuration? I thought they were playing that this tour. That song would be awesome live.

The crowd was emo-hopping? Oh god, I hope Orlando doesn't do that shit. That crowd still has to make up for the lameness of the Progressive Nation show.

They played Bleak, not Baying. He didn't say anything about the curtain falling last time - a guy next to me mentioned that though. The pit bothered me - they were jumping up and down and bopping around like it was a god damned Hip-Hop show. Disgusting.

Awesome to finally see Serenity Painted Death. Lotus Eater destroyed too m/

They played Bleak after. Where Baying is they playing The Grand Conjuration

Oh wow I forgot Bleak. I was really happy to hear that.

Yeah that was my first time hearing anything from Baroness and I was really impressed with them. I'll probably go pick up some of their albums soon. At some point in the show me and some random dude both shouted at the same exact time "Forest Of October!!" then some other people started yelling it and Mike said "Fuck Off" or something of that nature. I had a very good time, great show.

The pit bothered me - they were jumping up and down and bopping around like it was a god damned Hip-Hop show. Disgusting.

Didn't really phase me, I was half expecting a crowd of trance-like stones staring and standing about but the first 10 seconds into Heir Apparent and it was like a goddamn war zone.

IMO the best performance of the night was TNASW, followed by Serenity Painted Death and, TLE. Also one of the songs Barnoness blew my fucking mind, it was a very progressive type song and they all connected on another level. It was really intense to watch.

They only have one LP (Red Album) and it's certainly worth looking into. The 2 EPs rule too. Haven't heard their split.

Pretty sure I saw you getting helped up. I hate the pits (Where's the sense in thrashing around? I'm there for music, not a fight.) so I got a good spot up on the second floor.

Pretty sure I saw you getting helped up. I hate the pits (Where's the sense in thrashing around? I'm there for music, not a fight.) so I got a good spot up on the second floor.

Hehe, yeah I was on the 2nd floor for a while during Baroness but I couldn't get a good view with so many people up there. Pits are really just a lot of fun, its not much about fighting more so just aggression. It feels great to be in the pit, getting all the rage out of your system. Im glad as hell someone helped me up hehe, wouldn't want to get trampled in that pit.

^ I just can't see how the experience is heightened by hitting people, being struck myself, and waving my arms around like an idiot. Know how I have fun at concerts? I down a few Jack'n'Cokes and bang my head til I've got whiplash.

I happened to catch a hell of a lot of people flicking off the Baroness, and multiple booing them in between songs and as they were walking off the stage. Eehhh >_<

But anyhow --I'd really REALLY like to know about the face on the t-shirt. Which parts belong to who? I'm too lazy to study the faces piece by piece!! lol

I happened to catch a hell of a lot of people flicking off the Baroness, and multiple booing them in between songs and as they were walking off the stage. Eehhh >_<

But anyhow --I'd really REALLY like to know about the face on the t-shirt. Which parts belong to who? I'm too lazy to study the faces piece by piece!! lol

One eye is Mike's, the other is Axe's. The nose if half Mendez's and half Fredrik's. I think the mouth was Per's. And the whole shape of the head was Mendez. Something like that. Jorge..that shit cracked me up.

I agree, TNASW was the best of the night. Serenity Painted Death was also great. And fucking Deliverance, even though Axe messed up a bit in the outro. I hate how they teased us with only a small part of A Fair Judgement. And Funeral Portrait...that is the song that I've wanted to see them play every time and they NEVER have..Mike fucking teased me with the riff in the beginning for a few seconds -.- Overall it was a great show. I'm really glad they didn't speed up the outro in Heir Apparent like they did in the ProgNation show back in June. And Lotus Eater was simply amazing.

And Baroness was really cool. Reminded me of Isis mixed with 80's metal and Red Sparrows all put together.

Btw Minerva: Awesome pictures. I want your camera..what lens do you use?