Too Many Stickies

GreatPhoenix

paradox placebo
Nov 23, 2002
Don't mean to be a twat or anything but I was just browsing the DT forum with the intent of posting for the first time. I've never posted outside of Chat/Off-Topic as it's more comfortable there so I decided to expand my horizons :lol: but I come here 'cos I know rahvin mods here and I'm thinking "this forum should be pretty cool..." then I see all these damn stickies.

What's up with that? I mean all five of the "Important Polls" seem the same but they're on every page you browse. WTF?! That's a lot of stickies. Just wondering. :p

They are stickies, cos they are important :D
Don't worry, they don't count for the number of threads per page.
And the reason they are on all page you can ask the numbnuts who coded this piece of shit (IMO) board software.

@greatphoenix: thanks for your trust. ;) yes, like salmy said, the stickies being on every page is none of our doings.
and yes, there's a lot of them right now, but we wanted to do this poll-thing in the most accurate way possible, so we endure the plight of this forced "importance" at the top. it's going to decrease in time, anyway. the more people votes on the polls, the better - provided they actually have heard the songs.
so feel free to add your opinion and ask others to do the same. or just add other ppl's opinions yourself, i'm sure they won't mind. :saint:

rahvin.

well I only have one Dark Tranquillity CD so far, Projector. My collection has yet to improve. :p maybe later

Salamurhaaja said:
They are stickies, cos they are important :D
Don't worry, they don't count for the number of threads per page.
And the reason they are on all page you can ask the numbnuts who coded this piece of shit (IMO) board software.

Guess you haven't tried like, phpbb-forums...

Lethe78 said:
Sweet. Bears and wolves rule. *bows down to Rehvin and his obviously high intellect level*

yay! i've been called swell and smart in the same day! :Spin:

but you spell my name right and no capital lest i visit you with fluffy animals. :p

rahvin.

Lol, that is the second time I have spelled your name with an "e" as opposed to an "a". And the capitol first letter is a sign of respect. Yeah, that is it. :)

MP-AKK said:
Guess you haven't tried like, phpbb-forums...

Yep, I have and like that software much more, of course
it's also free, which makes it more to my liking as well.

Of course some of the problems with this place is not the
software, but the piece of shit server that runs it.

Salamurhaaja said:
Yep, I have and like that software much more, of course
it's also free, which makes it more to my liking as well.

Of course some of the problems with this place is not the
software, but the piece of shit server that runs it.

Tss, just send the bill to some guy in Texas. You can find loads of credit card numbers just floating around at some, eh, 'alternative' channels on irc. :saint:

Guess I'm scared of by the early versions of that phpbb-stuff, the ones where you could find a new bug everyday. But boy, you learned a lot from that, who needs a social life anyway when you got forums to fiddle with...

Misanthrope said:
@rahvin: I wont change my signature until i get an apology

hm? from whom, exactly? i don't control anybody's mind except mine, and that barely. ;) besides, i like your new sig.

(rather more) seriously: the survivor crap solicits the interest of most users here, so it stays on until it's naturally over though it's undeniable that it creates an annoyance for some users. with patience - and time - the annoyance will disappear. this is more than i can say for many annoyances in my life, so i'm kinda grateful for that.
as for apologies, ask those who offended you: i did not complain for any signature of yours. i'm sorry if you were hurt by something, because you know i like you, and i'm honest about it. aside from that, the ball's not in my court.

rahvin.

dayumn. I got a bad rep for this thread too? I think someone just hates me for my premium member button. Do you get this too, rahvin?

@greatphoenix: nope, the only bad rep i got was from misanthrope, and only because he can't bear to admit to himself his love for me. :p

people tend to be unaware of many things concerning my "premium member" anyway. :rolleyes:

rahvin.

I had a rep of around 48, then I make a few posts on the Opeth board and I get 10 negative ones from those posts. Too many immature assholes there.

Steve

Reactions: rahvin