Vote for Dark Tranquillity on UM!

Yeah, that's why I said "if we make the assumption"; I didn't bother to read anything on the chat-forum, I just read what you quoted there from that mourningstar-guy (and I voted for DT :p). And he (she?) clearly implies that he (she?) believes the competition is meant to include only the chat-forum regulars. So, in that context his message did not seem so hilarious to me - although his gullibility (meaning "how gullible he is", in case such a word does not exist) regarding the intentions of the poll-makers makes me grin. :D

Oh, and I was just about to say something about bringing my family here, but then I realized you italians have probably ten times larger "families" than us scandinavians...

-Villain

Someone has to clarify what degree relatives we're talking about with the term "family". In case i'd like to bring mine too. :D

@villain: you, sir, are a victim of prejudice! my family is composed by me and my parents, and - if you really want to tie someone to a chair and force them to tap on keys they've never heard about - two grandparents. that is 4 people and i dare you to do worse! :p

as for mourningstar, the point is she's one of the very few who only just post on the chat forum, so i guess that was just a case of defending corporative interests. ;) the guy who does the polls and the vast majority of others come from official forums as well. i don't know if they bring their friends along.
the hilarious fact in her post is that every single piece of fact is non-existent: first, they do not have a representative sample on the chat forum; secondly, having half the voters from a single board voting only when their favourite band is involved is something that didn't happen, wouldn't happen, wasn't about to happen (and some ppl on the dt forum do not consider dt as their favourite band either); thirdly, the fact that is not "fair" to tell other people to vote is totally out of the blue: what, you mean that i can either notice the polls by an act of personal choice or live forever without the knowledge? ;)

rahvin.

Originally posted by Steve420
My goal in this is to not let Opeth win.
I'd love to see Opeth lose, they're so overrated...
I hope they lose when they're up against Slayer, with a little bit help from this board perhaps...? ;)

Originally posted by Steve420
My goal in this is to not let Opeth win.

wait a minute, we can't just go there and vote. first we have to become regulars on the chat forum. i suggest we all post a new thread about our personal feelings there, just to get comfy. ;)

rahvin.

Uh, I'm sorry to say this Siren, but I'd vote Opeth over Slayer any day. After all, Opeth is probably the second best band of all those included... Unless you have something better than just hugs and kisses to offer, that is... ;)

-Villain

If you prefer DT over Opeth, vote Slayer. :p I'm sure someone will rouse the Opethians for a legendary Battle with DT, and then all will be lost. Slayer has a better margin of chance than DT to begin with I think.

i just want you to know my indignation for your disruptive strategies is well above defcon 3.
the fact that you can't take these poll thing seriously enough makes me...

... very proud of you all. :D

rahvin.

@Villain: Sure. Cookies anyone? :D
Anyway, i do prefer Opeth over Slayer, as a band, any day, but here it's just a matter of tactics. And besides, imo nomatter what the results will show, life will still go on with ppl having their same opinion about their favourite bands and everyone will still know what the good bands are, they don't need a poll to know that..
On the other hand i do believe the Opeth board is full of arrogant lil fanboys, who i'd like to see losing and getting pissed. :devil:

@Ormir: I totally agree. Just notice how on the last round Opeth got only 20 votes (in comparison with the 40+ DT got), just because they didn't feel threatened. If there's a big battle they'll gather forces and win. It's better to slay them when asleep.
comeandgetsome.gif

Siren (i hope they don't see this :p)
Edit:Siren bis (not taking it seriously :p)

i'd also vote for slayer against Opeth :cry: just if that makes DT win....but just if I saw slayer had any possibility...
Not say that I hate slayer and that I love Opeth, but well i'm devoted to DT :p

If the people on the Opeth forum were made aware of the polls such as here, I'm sure the amount of fans would fairly easily beat DT or whomever. Most of the people there are unaware of these polls, and not many of the posters there venture to the Chat section. So, DT's chances of beating them are pretty good. We shall see. Prepare for the battle of the fanboys. ;)

Originally posted by rahvin
i just want you to know my indignation for your disruptive strategies is well above defcon 3.
the fact that you can't take these poll thing seriously enough makes me...

... very proud of you all. :D

rahvin.

:lol:

Originally posted by Ormir
I'll personally come and make passionate love to anyone who votes Borknagar before the poll closes. :err:

i count my blessings for having already voted for anthrax. :)

@opethiansoul: so basically you're saying the guys over at the chat forum don't known who they're playing with, right? :)

rahvin.