Too many threads?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
It seems to me as I was scanning back at some of the older threads, that there have been some decent threads that don't stick around. I think we post just too many threads to keep up with because we all have so much on our minds, that we just dump our thoughts here.

I'm not complaining - just an observation. You just can't be away from this board too long - or you miss alot.

lets see:

there are too many threads about "hey has anyone heard this band?", i mean it would be handy for such posts to all go in one thread

there are too many people just casually telling us whats going on in their life at the moment, or what pointless thing they are doing atm.

etc

i mean people can post what they like but it would be so much better if threads were made with broader subjects (= less threads)so that all topics had a chance to stay in view for at least 2 days or so, so that people have a chance to reply and give their opinions. I mean i personally rarely get to participate in my own threads because i make them and then come back two days later and its disappeared.

I agree completely. For some months already, I have been unable to participate in the discussions here, because if I post one message and come back three days later to read the answers to it, the thread is already lost.

There's just too many active people here, which is of course just good for them - for me it means I spend my spare time on net on the Dark Tranquillity forum and not in here. :cry: Sad but true.

-Villain

The level of this forum decreased continouisly, during the last months due to the fact that people are posting mostly shit. This isn´t the old Opeth-Forum anymore. Many threads are totally off-topic... Opeth deserve a better one...

Originally posted by Frodnat
The level of this forum decreased continouisly, during the last months due to the fact that people are posting mostly shit. This isn´t the old Opeth-Forum anymore. Many threads are totally off-topic... Opeth deserve a better one...

I feel the same way sometimes, although Hearse is right.

Basically you have to choices: moan and stay in the shades, or participate activley. Don't worry the shit topics are ignored in here eventually (I talk from experience).

Originally posted by Wolff

I feel the same way sometimes, although Hearse is right.

Basically you have to choices: moan and stay in the shades, or participate activley. Don't worry the shit topics are ignored in here eventually (I talk from experience).

:lol: some of mine get relegated to the thread dump too

i agree that there is too many posts here. about half of them i dont even read because they are so pointless. ive been here for about 4 months and i think ive only made about 10 threads. people should cut back. just my opinion. we need longer threads, not more.

a limit of 1 thread a day per user would be nice, it might make people think about if their thread is really worth posting, and make them look for a pre-existing thread that has a similar topic.

If I'm away from this forum for a couple of days
I miss out on about two pages of threads...
I hate missing out on anything, so I sit for maybe
an hour just reading "old" posts :eek:) If you don't
have time for this just read the topics and pick
the ones that seem interesting to you :eek:)
I like all the activity in here, it means we have a
lot going on, and a lot to share.
We have something for everybody :eek:)

Some threads are pointless, like some of mine
(>:eek:P), but they just reflect what's going on in our
lives.... The boring threads are easily forgotten :eek:)

Originally posted by Blackspirit
Some threads are pointless, like some of mine
(>:eek:P), but they just reflect what's going on in our
lives.... The boring threads are easily forgotten :eek:)

True - but I sense we loose people because of the changes, and the unwillingness for people to have enough patience to spend a little time browsing thread titles for interest. Granted - when there were less people, there were less "pointless" threads (of which I too am guilty of), and basically just less activity.

As long as people don't let this board degrade into what most of the other boards out there are like - non-sensical swearing and in-fighting, then we're still OK. I have noticed a little more angst lately - with people bantering back and forth over pure garbage - an increase in that will utlimately turn this board into every other.

And this Opeth forum gets a lot of posts that belong in the genral forum, new band forum, hate pit, etc. If people used these more, each board would serve more of it's purpose. I guess just the overwhelming size of this forum draws people to it.

Only time will tell where this board is going.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
As long as people don't let this board degrade into what most of the other boards out there are like - non-sensical swearing and in-fighting, then we're still OK. I have noticed a little more angst lately - with people bantering back and forth over pure garbage - an increase in that will utlimately turn this board into every other.

I agree with you on this.
I hate these pointless disgussions, where we all know
we will never agree and childish comments are thrown.
I hope we won't get more of that kind.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
And this Opeth forum gets a lot of posts that belong in the genral forum, new band forum, hate pit, etc. If people used these more, each board would serve more of it's purpose. I guess just the overwhelming size of this forum draws people to it.

Maybe we should start using the other forums as well,
that's what they're for! :eek:) I do all my Vintersorg
chattin' in the Vintersorg forum, so why shouldn't I let
all my anger out in the hate pit?! >:eek:)
I'll try this, and see where it gets me :eek:)
But, that will give me even more threads that I will
need to check up on... And, in the hatepit there is just
too much anger for me >:eek:P Hehe...

Actually, I don't see any other sollution to this other
than to do whatever each and every one of us feel is
right, for us.
Don't throw stupid comments if you see it is pointless,
and give everything a second thought..... ? :eek:)

Has anyone else noticed that we treat this place like its a small town or something instead of a forum? Opethia (O-pay-thia) or something. :err: