This board is going to die soon... no 2 ways about it

requiem did not seem to read, if he did he didnt look capable of coherent answers. And yes the point is made, just realize me and an a good number of people here and to come wont change according to your expectations, ever. This is why i see a point in forums within forums and this is why i suggest external forums if something is not worked out like you want to. There wont be such a thing like educating the forum or making arbitrary posting rules, ill make shure of that by any means necesary no ammount of moderators you suggest will keep me from telling you to fuck off and talk about my dity underwear. I thought i was cristal clear when i sad my point, apparently im not.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. If other people like myself don't like hearing about your underwear, you're going to have to find a new audience pretty soon.

misanthrope just seems to sound far more abusive than he is, best to ignore this and simply take his point that he's trying to make (which usually is intelligent after he explains himself).

But yeh the forum is its users, opeth dont post here, they obviously get the final say but i doubt theyd care at all, i mean it would really only make it easier for them since they are probably not so interested in the 'chat' threads so they wouldnt have to sift through them all to find out whatever interests them (maybe?). But in the end i think the decision will be made by ultimate metal, although opeth may have to approve it since they are moderators, but like i said i see no reason why they wouldnt.

but yeh i think splitting the forum is a good idea, as long as the boards are linked together pretty well, so that they dont start becoming completely separate.

One things's for sure, mate... you're got a lot of anger in you for really no reason.

Don't be so quick to jump on people if they don't write what you want.

It's the fucking Opeth forum. Surely you can relax here?

Hahahaha i challenge you to try and keep me out. You seriously underestimate the ammout of free time i have. I could make a new account each time for every single one of the thousand messages i have, i could get a different ip and domain for every goddam of the thousand messages i have ( by a good number of means that is not possible to ban in the totality ). The only choise my audience has to stop listening to me is to quit the opeth forum all togheter because im like the bad weed, i will always grow back again and again and again.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Hahahaha i challenge you to try and keep me out. You seriously underestimate the ammout of free time i have. I could make a new account each time for every single one of the thousand messages i have, i could get a different ip and domain for every goddam of the thousand messages i have ( by a good number of means that is not possible to ban in the totality ). The only choise my audience has to stop listening to me is to quit the opeth forum all togheter because im like the bad weed, i will always grow back again and again and again.

Riiiiiiggghhtt....

We can easily set up an 'off-topic' forum within this main forum - I have contacted Opeth.com about it, so shall await their word :)

Mark

Originally posted by Misanthrope

coffee.gif

We can easily set up an 'off-topic' forum within this main forum - I have contacted Opeth.com about it, so shall await their word
well how about that! :)

So half of the petition is a work in progress, but i cannot help it and ask is a censorship towards offtopic in the main forum also considered? or can we just follow a simple honor system and inform new users about it?

Should this go ahead, off topic posts will simply be moved to the off topic forum - they'll even be prefixed with 'moved' so people won't think their posts have been removed, simply put into the relevant forum.

Any other questions, pls ask :)

Mark

So half of the petition is a work in progress, but i cannot help it and ask is a censorship towards offtopic in the main forum also considered? or can we just follow a simple honor system and inform new users about it?
i imagine it will take time for posts to appear in their correct forum if this goes ahead, and id say just let it take its time, people will pick up the idea eventually. (of course theres always the option of simply moving incorrectly placed threads to their proper forum)