Took me by surprise....

Crimson King

New Metal Member
Dec 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
I was at the Blind Guardian/Symphony X gig in San Antonio and this one fat dude with long curly black hair was jammin' this one band in his truck. My and my buddy who flew down to NY were freakin' out over the band cause they kicked so much ass (especially the singer, who must have his nuts in a vice) So my bud's chick asked who they were and they said Power Of Omens. Ok... I have been in San Antonio what seems like forever and I never had a fucking clue that they were a local band here. But I guess lately there has been a decent sized prog/power movement here in town. So I hung out with the singer and guitar player for the band and we just yapped about different bands and shit. Couple of cool guys they were. Was fun :)

Also, keep your ears open for this one band called Divine Ruins who was supposed to be the opening act for the gig before it was canceled. I saw em play 2 songs and they fucking kicked all-out ass.

Originally posted by Crimson King
I was at the Blind Guardian/Symphony X gig in San Antonio and this one fat dude with long curly black hair was jammin' this one band in his truck. My and my buddy who flew down to NY were freakin' out over the band cause they kicked so much ass (especially the singer, who must have his nuts in a vice) So my bud's chick asked who they were and they said Power Of Omens. Ok... I have been in San Antonio what seems like forever and I never had a fucking clue that they were a local band here. But I guess lately there has been a decent sized prog/power movement here in town. So I hung out with the singer and guitar player for the band and we just yapped about different bands and shit. Couple of cool guys they were. Was fun :)

Hey there Crimson.

Glad you liked the music. ;)
I was really surprised that the music caught alot of people's attention (of course blaring it through the truck speakers would be a dead give away... :lol: ) but I think what I meant, is that alot of people kept asking who it was...so that was very cool...and I'm really glad you all liked what you heard. :)

We've been around for about 8 years, played a few shows a couple of years ago here in SA, and unfortunately struggled with keeping a steady line-up...but now we're back with the new CD coming out and hopefully a couple more shows before we hit the studio again for another CD to be released in November. After that, we're taking a whole year to concentrate just on "live" shows. ;)

~D

Originally posted by Dave - Power of Omens
...but now we're back with the new CD coming out and hopefully a couple more shows before we hit the studio again for another CD to be released in November. After that, we're taking a whole year to concentrate just on "live" shows. ;)
~D

Sound like a good plan to me. Just make sure that some of these "live shows" you play will be in Europe OK? ;)