Tool fans

Pushit isn't on any DVD....not that i know of. It would be good to see the version that is on Salival live. I think they did an amazing job changing it up. I will see them the 19th of next month, but I highly doubt they will play that song. You never know what to expect from a TOOl show.

well im pretty sure its on the Salival box set, just as audio though isnt it. the only videos on the DVD are :

1. Prison Sex
2. Sober
3. Aenima
4. Stinkfist

5. (only on the DVD) Hush, its kinda shit, oh well.

NP: Katatonia - Help Me Disappear

There's not a whole video of it, but rather a 30 second or so clip of the middle of the song. I also love the song, the part where he says "I will choke until i swallow" is so emotional...

Well according to my Tool obssessed friend (who knows more about Tool than even I know about Opeth) they follow the exact same routine for concerts now

For example: They always open with The Grudge now, they always finish with Reflections, they always play Stinkfist, Sober, Parabol/Parabola, Maynard only ever properly speaks to the crowd at the end of the concert, they always play either the Schism video or Parabola video in the mid-break and play Triad right after the break, Adam Jones is always a statue on the stage, NEVER moving. Hes seen them about 3 times over the past 2 years and every concert was EXACTLY the same, I don't think they will play pushit at all except if it is a strange miracle.

Also, they always try as hard as they can to avoid fans afterwards, Maynard was such a bastard when I saw them, he was shuffled into a van by three guards and wouldn't even acknowledge us, its kinda mean.

Just because MJK isn't talkative and photo friendly doesn't mean he is a bastard. I'm sure he appriciates privacy just like many people do. He can't revolve his life around the fans.

That's true man .. if he were to stop and talk to one fan he would probably get his wig stollen ... and you know that wouldn't be right .. haha.. I dunno if I was big like that I would have to talk to some fans but it wouldn't be after or before shows there would just be two many to talk to .. and to just talk to one wouldn't be right .. you'd be there all night . but if one came up to me on the straight and asked me a few questions I wouldn't mind ..

Originally posted by ChokingParasite
Just because MJK isn't talkative and photo friendly doesn't mean he is a bastard. I'm sure he appriciates privacy just like many people do. He can't revolve his life around the fans.

Thats true but it feels like he makes an effort NOT to talk to fans. Reportedly the nicest band member is Danney Carey, who always has a nice chat to fans before he heads off. Coincidently he is also my favourite band member, to me he is the god of drumming and as a plus hes a cool guy. Adam Jones and Justin Chancellor are more avoiding than him but unlike Maynard each one of them doesn't mind talking to fans every now and then. Its just frustrating that one of my favourite singers has to be so reclused, like hes a higher form of human being, too worthy to waste his time with the masses or something.

Yeah, who knows, maybe he is just busy, maybe he is a self-absorbed dickhead. I don't really care, I don't plan on having tea with him.

On a side note, I simply cannot wait for the new A Perfect Circle album. The last release date was September, but we all know that'll get pushed back.

My thoughts exactly, I love A Perfect Circle, possibly even more than Tool, blashempy that may be. I wonder when new Tool will arrive, 3-7 years perhaps?
I wasn't saying Maynard is a self-absorbed bastard, just that he should be nicer to his fans, they are whats meant to matter the most to bands. Still, hes a great musician, maybe he has the right to be that way.

Nah, probably won't take quite as long now that Tool has all of their record label problems ironed out. The only diversion they have now is APC and Maynard's stint in tapeworm, which shoudln't take all that long.

Yeah I've read that he complains about dumbass metal fans, and thats also one reason Kurt Cobain killed himself, he hated his fans cos when he was younger the same type of knucklebrains used to beat him up and then they started jamming to his music. Just to go off on a tangent.

that's exactly true static .... the place where I used too live basically nobody knows about tool there .. and at the time I lived there I loved tool .. I always have since I can remember ..but then when I moved here ..every single fucking day I hear someone going down west street or Broadway (which burnt flat today because of a bible store hahhah cunts) saying something about how much they love the new tool album .. none of them respect the old shit .. I don't understand .. all the preps listen to tool.

I would like to see the number of sales for undertow as opposed the sales of lateralus .. everyone has the new one .. you can't feel different from listening to tool anymore ..