Tool

Jayde

Risparmiarme
Nov 19, 2001
Oklahoma
well?

My thoughts on them are: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Maynard. (I am addicted to the man's voice right now.)

great live, great on Cd, great on DVD. its all good as they say, but i dont say that, i just say, Tool are awesome!!!!!!!
how he gets away with the lyrics is great, namely Stinkfist, Prison Sex, Maynards Dick, Opiate... need i go on. its great to listen without knowing the lyrics, then reading over them to find out they're about rape, getting fisted up the arse etc. :tickled:

I remember when I first heard Undertow.It feelt like someone got inside of me and raped my soul.All this feelings had now someone put in music.Tools music gets under your skin.And Maynard speaks the truth.

When I'm really tired it seems like he's just right there in my room with me. His voice pops out. You know in The Grudge where he screams for a really long time? Well, once it was like he was screaming right into my ear. It was eerie and beautiful all at once.

Wow, that sounds crazy when I put it into words.

When I saw the live some ****ing ***** ******* (ok, that was just a few stars, but u know what I mean) threw a bottle and it hit the guitarist :mad: They are soproffesional! He didn't even look up, but they were amazing. And I still wanna kick whoever threw that bottle :mad:

I saw them at Ozzfest, and they laid waste to the Milton Keynes Bowl - the crush at the front was bigger than for any other of the bands (except maybe Black Sabbath), and their professionalism was astounding. They're just as brilliant on record as well - they've got a better grasp of dynamics than any band should ever need, and they use that to full advantage! And, of course, Maynard's voice is unbelievable!

Originally posted by Jayde
Transparent, you've seen them live? Was it recently?

yeah June the 12th this year, i was right up at the front just below Adam Jones, only saw his face a few times though, everyone was looking down and Maynard had is back to us most of the time. it was great, i really wanted Aenima to be played but no luck there, but we got the world Premiere of The Patient, yay, and Eulogy which is awesome, he used some wierd electric screwdriver like thing for the vocals on Eulogy. Lateralus was a great song to finish with and one of their best.

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
I saw them at Ozzfest, and they laid waste to the Milton Keynes Bowl - the crush at the front was bigger than for any other of the bands (except maybe Black Sabbath), and their professionalism was astounding. They're just as brilliant on record as well - they've got a better grasp of dynamics than any band should ever need, and they use that to full advantage! And, of course, Maynard's voice is unbelievable!

:confused: I was pretty near the front and it wasn;t too bad! Black Sabbath however - I totally got crushed!

I saw them here in Charlotte, NC last month. They were amazing...definitely the best concert I've ever gone to. I have so much respect for them. Tool is just a phenomenal band. Words cannot describe their music. :eek:

Originally posted by Jayde
do they do The Grudge live? If so, does he do that scream all the way through?

it was the first song at Brixton, but the scream wasn't as long as the album, he ran outta breathe near the end, but it was longer than anyone in the crowd. really good.

To be fair (and I hate to say it) but there was much more of a crush for Slipknot.

'Aenemia' really is the most beautiful song ever written about the end of the world.

Originally posted by Russ L

To be fair (and I hate to say it) but there was much more of a crush for Slipknot.

'Aenemia' really is the most beautiful song ever written about the end of the world.

Man, was I in the wrong part of the crowd for Sabbath and Slipknot? I managed to comfortably crowd surf while the 'Knot were on, and I had actual elbow room while Sabbath were playing, but I couldn't fucking move or breath while Tool were on! Very strange...

Man, was I in the wrong part of the crowd for Sabbath and Slipknot? I managed to comfortably crowd surf while the 'Knot were on, and I had actual elbow room while Sabbath were playing, but I couldn't fucking move or breath while Tool were on! Very strange...

I was in the really violent bit where everyone had room for hitting each other :heh: