Tools Lateralus A Masterpiece!!

Saikpyro

Oct 26, 2002
In Stockholm
Visit site
A am a HUGE Opeth fan but lately (when not listening to Opeth) I have totally fallen in love with this record. It took some time to really sink in but now I listen to it everyday. Im simply blown away by this masterpiece. If you havent immensed yourself in this record, do so now! (and dont disregard it after just on listen, it's a grower!)
:OMG: Any other Opeth fan that likes this record?

Ps I recently saw that Martin Mendez thinks it's his favorite record of all time tied with Camels "Moonmadness" Cool!

listening to it now... is it nu-metal or something ?
at least the first 3 tracks looks interesting !

thanx for the advice !

Nu-metal? That's pretty insulting. I was a big Tool fan before I discovered Opeth, and used to listen to Lateralus constantly. It took ages to get into but difinitely expanded my mind, and the artwork is cool too.
And the bit about aliens at the end freaked me out.

liquidtension said:
listening to it now... is it nu-metal or something ?
at least the first 3 tracks looks interesting !

thanx for the advice !

wow...nu-metal!?!?!? are u insane...??...dont believe what the media tells u and dont believe what some ignorant people in this board may tell u...but i'm sure they'll all agree with me when i say that tool is metal...meeetttaaalll mann...nu-metal doesnt have the drums that Ticks & Leeches has...nu-metal doesnt have the riffs Parabola have...nu-metal DEFINITELY does not have the lyrics the The Patient has...tool is metal...end of story..

and yes i've known this is a masterpiece for quite some time..3 years as a matter of fact...wow your late..lol..but late than never...check out the others....

Would you mind freeing our minds with the true track order?

I've listened to this CD for the past 2 years... and it always amazes me. It has its phases, where I'll listen to it for a week straight and then leave it for 6 months. If you hadnt noticed, both albums Aenima and Lateralus have a very hypnotic effect... you sort of get put into a trance by listening to them the whole way through... its very, very weird.