Toontrack Metal month 2014

if he releases anything remotely similar sounding to the behemoth - evangelion TOMS i will die a happy man

Sorry to be off-topic, but those guys rip and they are quite local to me. Awesome to see a band from this area get signed to fucking Metal Blade!!

For sure. They had previously said that they used SD extensively as a writing tool, so I'm curious to see if they are featured in a new product or just as a "toontrack metal month featuring a performance by Rivers of Nihil!" Either way would be killer.

Jason Bowld was the session drummer. You can find some pics from the session on his twitter! There's also Colin and Mattias checking out the recording room!
So, I guess the rumor is real!

what are you using Maschine for and what do you think of it? I was thinking about getting that at some point in the distant future.

Just trying to branch out a little at this point. I don't currently use it for anything.

I like the software that feels like hardware aspect of it though. I wish I had shelled for the bigger controller though. Mikro has more farting around to do the same thing the bigger ones do.

Wow
Can't wait for Colin Richardson drum pack.
Should be brilliant.
He will have to licence centre>rim from Alesis for this release if he wants it to be authentic :)
(only joking. Seriously looking forward to this)

could well be wrong here, but is this the same drummer and even possibly mapex kit drumdrops sampled?

think that was with ginge ford who IIRC has done a fair amount with Colin. be cool to hear another take on it, and generally I think toontrack's samplers destroy what's possible in kontakt.