Toontrack Metal month 2014

I'm betting metal machine raw files on the 25th

7679161.jpg

Aren't there way more velocity layers and articulations in the SDX's than EZX's? Also not having them pre-mixed means more options.

So...they're going to sell you the same samples twice? And people are excited about this?

I'm just guessing. Might be like when they released rock solid ezx then later released rock warehouse SDX which is the SDX version of the ezx.

Really looking forward to checking out the CR stuff,

Has anyone got the rock warehouse SDX btw? Any good?

I have been tempted, but without Staub hardcore processing (which I'm not very fond of personally although I admire his ability to make everything sound massive), they seem to sound nothing special.

The EZX was literal dogshit so I'd be surprised. Sounded like a meh/okay sounding kit + lots of Staub samples.
Agree 100%. I have Metal Foundry and Metal Machine and was looking for a good all around rock drum ezx, so I bought Rock Solid. Utter waste of my money.

Could anyone recommend a good EZX for modern rock and alternative?

Has anyone got the rock warehouse SDX btw? Any good?[/QUOTE]

I ended up picking it up to see if I could do anything with it. I hate the way Toontrack demo's sound so I feel it's never a true representation of the potential. I actually really dig the sound of this expansion, and am using them for a metal cue album I'm doing for a company. I exported drums only from a song I recently did. A decent amount of dynamics, although not alot of variation overall on the kit. It's midi from Matt Halpern's Drum Riffs. I will say I'm not a fan of the kicks, I replaced it with a VR music Nashville kick sample I believe. Everything else is from the kit.

https://db.tt/8IGkqDYQ

Preview of Colin Richardson EZX

Last edited by a moderator: