Toontrack Metal month 2014

Actually I wouldn't hate an ez bass. Please for fuck sake stahp doing ezx.

I just got the Metal! EZX (creative name, right?) and it's pretty nice. Got it on sale for $40 and there are like 10 different snares and kicks, which is what most people usually want. Presets/kits from Suecof, Bergstrand, and someone else who I'm forgetting. But I do agree that they should make more SDXs.

But...I really would like an EZBass, or some sort of bass suite tool that isn't Ampeg SVX. I love almost everything about audio engineering, except making fucking bass tones. They're a nightmare.

ezvocals would be awesome though. I really need something to demo vocals on my songs and I can't sing for shit.

That would sell out fairly fast I think, should it ever become available. Kids love shortcuts these days. On the electronic forum I post on, literally every 5 threads is someone asking how to make music.

Trying to learn Maschine and sifting through these kinds of post sucks a big one. I'm starting to hate the EDM/Beats crowd. I think there might be some merit to the "just button pushers" brush off with a lot of these "producers."

I just got the Metal! EZX (creative name, right?) and it's pretty nice. Got it on sale for $40 and there are like 10 different snares and kicks, which is what most people usually want. Presets/kits from Suecof, Bergstrand, and someone else who I'm forgetting. But I do agree that they should make more SDXs.

But...I really would like an EZBass, or some sort of bass suite tool that isn't Ampeg SVX. I love almost everything about audio engineering, except making fucking bass tones. They're a nightmare.

Yeah I have all the metal ezx libraries. I just don't want any more as I don't really use them for anything other than playing my ekit.

what are you using Maschine for and what do you think of it? I was thinking about getting that at some point in the distant future.

You should check out Metal Amps EZmix Pack by Jocke Skog, good bass tones in there. ;)

Some kind of EZM is bound to happen again.

And long as the sdx isn't again the same files but raw as with last year anything would be cool.
At least I think the warehouse sdx was "just" the raw version of the rock solid ezx, right?

Some kind of EZM is bound to happen again.

And long as the sdx isn't again the same files but raw as with last year anything would be cool.
At least I think the warehouse sdx was "just" the raw version of the rock solid ezx, right?
Not exactly raw. Some preEQ and comp like Avatar.

Trying to learn Maschine and sifting through these kinds of post sucks a big one. I'm starting to hate the EDM/Beats crowd. I think there might be some merit to the "just button pushers" brush off with a lot of these "producers."

I made this one myself in response to some to those people

kids-first-computer.jpg

Basically sums up the edm producers in my area which are a dime in the dozen. The thing is that imo maschine and other synths like fm8 already sound really good with little to no processing applied to them. Therefore, all it takes is a "creative mind" to make a decent mix rather than actual knowledge of the craft. Obviously if one wants to make their mix really stand out than mixing is involved but many of the samples are pre processed to hell already. I remember watching a Phil tan Rihanna diamonds mix breakdown and I was kind of dumbfounded that he was using such few plugins and was only adding effects like dverb and stuff on the sampled stuff. Then after some thinking it made sense as to why. Why fix things that aren't broken?

Also this year hoping for a great metal SDX, where everything is in tune. SDX is the flagship after all.

I hope I won't be dissapointed. ;)

SD3 would be nice, but is it realistic having it released during metal month?