Toontrack Metal month 2014

am i the only bro that doesn't like any of the other snares but the default in Metal Machine?

I like all but the default one is too recognizable in other mixes. Try using the ludwigs at 100-120 ish velocities and blend with other raw snares for snap.

I wonder if the sneap nop used his unearth snare for the default metal machine snare drum, they sound almost the same.

^you are both nuts. all the shells rule in MM :lol:

Maybe it's because I'm stuck with all my toms on a single track and can't individually process them that's making me dislike them. Someone told me to get the latest update, which it appears I cannot do until I get the box from our bassist with the code on it.

On the topic of snare drums and MM, can anyone confirm if the snare top and bottoms are naturally phase aligned? I was inverting phase on the bottom and "thought" I heard it gaining a bit more low-end, but after screwing around with it a while, it seems they may already be properly aligned. Just something I've been wondering about.

am i the only bro that doesn't like any of the other snares but the default in Metal Machine?

Try the supra phonic ! For some reason, once the mix is dense, it just cuts through with the right amount of highs and crack, with just enough body like a ludwig is. I use it a lot more. With the main one, they are my favorite two.

Yeah a discount for people that already bought MM would have been nice. Not about to spend $180 on raw samples when I'm already pretty happy with my mixes.

Cool stuff. I never seemed to use MM ezx all that often, but i am interested in that sdx for sure. I 100% agree that the asking price is too high for someone who already bought the ezx though. I will propably end up buying it sooner or later nevertheless.

I bought the SD2.0 crossgrade for $150. No way in hell am I spending $30 more than that to remove Andy's processing on drum samples I already own. I love Toontrack, but that's bullshit. Like people said, I'm just waiting for the Richardson SDX I guess.

the SDX sounds like a really cool starting point for a lot of stuff as they sound really natural and unprocessed. I think its cool its available, and honestly the EZX's and SDX's are really cheap for what you get anyway.

whether or not its worth the money will be dependant on the individual but the choice is yours if you want to buy or not.

mental now that you can get libraries by CLA/sneap/richardson/staub/date/bendeth

I finally got a chance to mess with the Made of Metal pack. Sounds pretty insane to my ears, that room is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got a chance to mess with the Made of Metal pack. Sounds pretty insane to my ears, that room is incredible.

that snare just deepthroated my brain, great as always nolly!

That's an exceptionally tasteful mix.

When it all began with EZdrummer, who thought it would become a fully professional tool. For me personally the first real gamechanger was the Metal Machine, but Made of Metal is simply insane, especially that full mixer layout, where you have full access to all the mics. Fantastic!