Top 10 Favorite Bands

It's good to have eclectic tastes. I do myself, but given that I prefer Black Metal far above all the rest, my top 10 list would naturally be mostly that.

Not in order. And yes, I know this list is chockfull of hated bands. I don't give a shit.

Black Sabbath
Burzum
Behemoth
Emperor
Children of Bodom (Yeah, I like CoB. Fuck off.)
Rammstein (See above.)
Iced Earth
Nagelfar
Wintersun
Darkthrone

1. Bal-Sagoth
2. Ildjarn
3. Symphony X
4. Dream Theater
5. Opeth
6. Skinless
7. Nokturnal Mortum
8. Deathspell Omega
9. Benighted
10. Infernal War/ Graveland/ Royal Hunt/ Satyricon/ Negura Bunget/etc

1. Yes
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Blue Oyster Cult
4. Beatles
5. Black Sabbath
6. Deep Purple
7. Boston
8. ELP
9. ELO
10. Gentle Giant

HM: Areknames, Def Leppard, Foreigner, The Cars, etc

At the moment..

1. Endstille
2. Kronos
3. Antimatter
4. Max Richter
5. Elliott Smith
6. Negura Bunget
7. Amon Amarth
8. Eluvium
9. Vali
10. Give Up The Ghost

No order.

Devin Townsend
Nile
Opeth
Iced Earth
Electric Wizard
Mastadon
Symphony X
Summoning
Amorphis
Between the Buried and Me

Really in no order, except Devin Townsend probably is number 1 on my list. Not so sure about Opeth anymore though, they may slowly be moving down.

Solarkult. I will listen to it tonight.

And if you like industrial black metal then you need to pick up the seminal In the Streams of Inferno by Mysticum.

Eclectic taste is my bread and butter. Admittedly there is a lot of stuff I've failed to get into yet (like reggae, classical, jazz) but for every different genre or subgenre I find myself sincerely into, that makes music as a whole more enjoyable for me...

Mathiäs;7072035 said:
I would have to put them #1 on a seperate ambient list or something

Overall I prefer Boards Of Canada / Ulver's more ambient stuff but recently I've listened to Eluvium loads. I didn't see anywhere that these lists were supposed to be metal only. There aren't really 10 metal bands that I currently go out of my way to listen to.

Mathiäs;7072035 said:
I would have to put them #1 on a seperate ambient list or something

I find it funny that you have trouble comparing metal artists to non-metal artists. It doesn't seem that difficult to me.