Top 10 Favorite Bands

I had two 80's pop metal discs in my CD player the last two days... shame on me, also two 80's fusion CDs and one progressive rock, Im cool with it

Over-the-top vocals, bass-heavy sound and hmm, poor guitar tone.:p
Also, wankery. I dislike over-the-topness and technical excess in pretty much everything from rock to metal to ambient music.Music must be well-structured and intuitively(stream of consciousness) flowing. Number of riffs/breakdowns is irrelevant. Structure is everything.
Yea, I'm annoying, am I not?:lol:

Some of my friends on RYM agree that The Chasm are pretty much average.

This is the reason why I also find Elend almost unlistenable. Too much going on at once. They're the Gorguts of neoclassical music.

Over-the-top vocals, bass-heavy sound and hmm, poor guitar tone.:p
Also, wankery. I dislike over-the-topness and technical excess in pretty much everything from rock to metal to ambient music.Music must be well-structured and intuitively(stream of consciousness) flowing. Number of riffs/breakdowns is irrelevant. Structure is everything.
Yea, I'm annoying, am I not?:lol:

Some of my friends on RYM agree with the fact that The Chasm are pretty much average.

This is the reason why I also find Elend almost unlistenable. Too much going on at once. They're the Gorguts of neoclassical music.

Vocals are over the top but whatever, they're good, nothing wrong with a bass heavy sound, and their guitar tone is fitting. I don't think they'd work so well with a super meaty tone.

And there isn't any technical excess going on with The Chasm, also most people who find The Chasm to be average don't know anything about death metal.

I've confirmed this theory multiple times :loco:

Their music flows pretty damn well.

oh, huh, oh well. their loss.

I don't see how anyone into death metal could dislike Deathcult, but whatever.

Man, what a fucking song:

Last edited by a moderator:
Put me on a desert island with a few albums by Magma, Metallica, Can and Queen and a copy of Jesus Christ Superstar, and I'm set for life.Well, more or less.

You are no longer allowed to criticize anyone else's music taste.

Christ, you know I love you.
Did you see I waved?
I believe in you and God
So tell me that I'm saved.
----------------------------

I'm guessing it's the preaching lyrics that bother you, but whatever,
It's a vocally charged, rhythmically captivating work with perfectly syncopated vocals and great musicianship. Basically, it's got everything I'm looking for in music.