Top 10 Favorite Bands

Over-the-top vocals, bass-heavy sound and hmm, poor guitar tone.:p
Also, wankery. I dislike over-the-topness and technical excess in pretty much everything from rock to metal to ambient music.Music must be well-structured and intuitively(stream of consciousness) flowing. Number of riffs/breakdowns is irrelevant. Structure is everything.
Yea, I'm annoying, am I not?:lol:

Some of my friends on RYM agree that The Chasm are pretty much average.

This is the reason why I also find Elend almost unlistenable. Too much going on at once. They're the Gorguts of neoclassical music.

We get it. You say something like this about every band brought up. Fucking talk about something else already.

I forgot about that post already. And I stopped my cynical ranting(let's see, it's been a few days already), so from now on there will be nothing but rainbows, pink elephants and some casual jokes here and there.

Vossyrus has flawless taste in music (and big hair). I will do two lists, metal and non-metal, based on my current moods and what has been played a lot recently

METAL (no order)
Iron Maiden
Amorphis
Bathory
Arsis (~2008)
Bethlehem
Vordven (R.I.P? no new material since 2003?)
Ahab
Gris
Be Persecuted
Windir

NON-METAL (no order)
Bauhaus
Sisters of Mercy
Rosetta Stone
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Cure
The Smiths
Tears For Fears
Ladyhawke
Groundation
Capsule

^ Thanks :p and my hair isn't really all that big though. I'd love to have hair like Marilyn (Peter Robinson) :oops:

And being that you listed Rosetta Stone, do you enjoy their later stuff as well? I think those albums are always criminally overlooked and ignored in favour of Adrenaline.

I'll be the first to admit the only album I own is "Adrenaline." I'm pretty not-picky about goth rock though.

dicksuckland.png

Primordial
Meshuggah
Ours (nonmetal)
Bolt Thrower
Bathory
Agents Of Oblivion
Warning
Arckanum
Dissection
Iron Maiden

Fusion like Magma with the drumming and vocals dictating the pace of the music, and not the guitars.
Either way, I'm not sure if it's correct to pigeonhole Magma as fusion; it's more art-rock, but with a drummer's approach to music.

Empyrium
Ulver
Arcturus
Death
Emperor
Desire
Burzum
Hypocrisy
Kampfar
Borknagar (Until Empiricism they were incredible).

Christ, you know I love you.
Did you see I waved?
I believe in you and God
So tell me that I'm saved.
----------------------------

I'm guessing it's the preaching lyrics that bother you, but whatever,
It's a vocally charged, rhythmically captivating work with perfectly syncopated vocals and great musicianship. Basically, it's got everything I'm looking for in music.

Holy shit ! Could it possibly be another forum member that actually has balls and stands firmly on HIS own two feet ?

Props !